2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to do this via some js ? I saw there are few value from the smdb db, but not sure if that possible or not. Or had anyone thinking abt this?

·
Super Moderator
5,576 Posts
Is it possible to do this via some js ? I saw there are few value from the smdb db, but not sure if that possible or not. Or had anyone thinking abt this?
No sensors, so no you can't get the actual pressures if thats what you were trying to say.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's indirect TPMS I mean. We can get those value via ABS builtin on any mazda. I can see some TPMS parameter inside the cmu but not able to find a way to pull it out. I guess somebody already made it.

·
Super Moderator
5,576 Posts
It's indirect TPMS I mean. We can get those value via ABS builtin on any mazda. I can see some TPMS parameter inside the cmu but not able to find a way to pull it out. I guess somebody already made it.
What values are you referring to? There are no sensors to provide any sort of actual tire pressure information. Only ABS sensors to detect wheel speed.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Yesterday I began hearing a thump-thump-thump at 35mph on St Charles Avenue in New Orleans. The noise went away at higher speeds on I-10 so I forgot about it until I got near Baton Rouge and the little yellow TPMS light came on. I didn't feel like stopping on the high-speed course so I took a chance and waited until the next exit five or so miles away to check for a problem. It turned out to be a screw in one of the tires, but the pressure was only six or seven pounds down so it didn't hurt the tire. A plug and a refill from my 12vdc air pump got me back on the road in 20 minutes. It "would" have been nice for me to see the actual air pressure from the driver's seat to let me know the situation wasn't critical yet, but the system does work to let you know to pull over and check the tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts