2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I need some advice here. I plan on upgrading my parking lights and my reverse lights.
I got in touch with car id and they sell the lumens in led for both applications. They are Can Bus compatible. They offer me the standard bulb which is 150 lumen and the plazma which is 420 lumen. The standards are 14.99 each bulb and the plazma are $29.95. I don't know which would be best since these are not main hid, I don't know whether to order the plazma or standard. They told me to measure because standard parking lights are 1", these plazma are 1.25" so I'm not sure if they would fit inside the head lamp assembly.
Another concern is that I don't want the parking lights to be brighter than the hids. I plan on changing my hid bulbs(Morimoto D2S 35W) for a pair of D2S: Osram Xenarc 66240 CBI!
If there is anybody out there that has experience with these lumens led bulbs , let me know!
I'm open to suggestions!:001_unsure:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Another concern is that I don't want the parking lights to be brighter than the hids. I plan on changing my hid bulbs(Morimoto D2S 35W) for a pair of D2S: Osram Xenarc 66240 CBI!
If there is anybody out there that has experience with these lumens led bulbs , let me know!
I'm open to suggestions!:001_unsure:
They definitely won't be brighter than the CBI. I'm running CBI as well and they are 3500 lumens...no led bulb will come close to being as bright. I would make sure the parking lights you put in aren't very blue though, as they may make your CBI look yellow if they are 6000K or more (CBI are 5000-5500K). You're going to love the Osrams...they are amazing.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey tastic, thanks for your opinion

These are the links to the bulbs
Parking lights
Lumen® - Mazda 3 2010-2013 Parking Light LED Bulbs
Reverse lights
Lumen® - Mazda 3 2010-2013 Back-up/Reverse Light LED Bulbs

What do you think would be best 150 lumens or 420 lumens? I don't know if these specific light bulbs merit the 420 lumens or would it be fine with 150 lumens. Down to the bottom line any led bulb is going to be brighter than oem bulb.Take a look and give me your opinion. Thanks in advance

1 - 3 of 3 Posts