2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, first time lowering my car so I'm looking to do it right. Looking to drop it about 1.5-2". I have a 2016 S GT hatch and have a guy who can get me Tein Flex Zs (these) at wholesale price. Just wondering if I will need LCAs or wheel spacers or anything else in addition to that kit? Having it done at a friend's shop but I'm trying to get whatever else I need for it myself ahead of time to save some money.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,491 Posts
You will need adjustable end links. Whiteline or HardRace are the gotta get versions.
CK

·
Registered
712 Posts
You will need adjustable end links. Whiteline or HardRace are the gotta get versions.
CK
Do you think I'll need adjustable links if I lower 1" front and 1.5" rear? Was hoping my shop could put them in while doing wheels tomorrow. If I have to order those no matter what, I may do the install myself. Did you install the Flex Z yourself, or going by other brands and general knowledge?

ETA - I should have mentioned I have the gen4. I'll keep an eye out for any clunking. I do tend to hit bumps fast, so I have a feeling that's a habit I'll need to break right away. I might shoot for this height-wise:

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,491 Posts
I'm not sure for a gen 4. Different setup.

On a gen 3, you could stick to OEM and be okay, although adjustable links would be better.
CK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts