2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please suggest if i should get lowering spring or coilovers for daily drive ? I dont go track, i only want it to be lower and practical for everyday drive.

·
Super Moderator
5,579 Posts
How much do you want to spend? Good springs can be had for under $300, where as a set of decent coil overs can be far more and may not ride as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much do you want to spend? Good springs can be had for under $300, where as a set of decent coil overs can be far more and may not ride as well.
My budget is 1k $ and below, i dont mind to go for lowering springs, i just want a 1-2fingers fender gap + good ride quality for daily driving

·
Registered
78 Posts
Im on Eibach Pro Kit and stock shocks. Rides great and perfectly lowered. I can travel with my kids and wife and a full trunk without rubbing.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,255 Posts
The stock height with the body kit works well, but 1" lowering springs would cause scraping going up a inclined driveway.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,339 Posts
If you don't mind taking bumps and ramps at an angle, the H&R's offer a pretty sexy drop with 18" rims and tires. I bought Koni FSD dampers to go with them and the combo rides great. No complaints from the family and no rubbing, even with 5 mm spacers installed.
CK

·
Registered
170 Posts
Im on Eibach Pro Kit and stock shocks. Rides great and perfectly lowered. I can travel with my kids and wife and a full trunk without rubbing.

Same here, rides very similar to stock but noticeable during cornering. Looks much better and a bit of an offset (wheels or spacers) really helps the remainder wheel gap. H&R drop looks perfect to me but I’d imagine the ride quality on stocks shocks would be pretty poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 7 of 7 Posts