2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2018 3 GT Hatchback,6 Speed MT
358 Posts
what do you mean "lower the mirrors when moving backwards" ? like your side mirrors?

·
Registered
358 Posts
The simplest/cheapest option is to place a small round mirror @ Top right of the mirror and you can view the curb
This is what I had on MINI, they work well especially for merging on the highway and such

For the OP

Reactions: MrBen

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just received my 2021 Mazda 3 Turbo AWD Premium Plus 7 days ago and I assure you when I reversed my car off the Carvana flatbed, the driver-side mirror definitely turned down and angled towards the ground and bottom of the tire. It completely threw me off and thought I would need to get used to it as some sort of reverse feature to make sure I wasn't running something over or something, but it never happened again. I am not sure if it's only on my model, I don't know the purpose, and I don't know how to turn it on. I am certain that it is possible though, at least on my car.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I just received my 2021 Mazda 3 Turbo AWD Premium Plus 7 days ago and I assure you when I reversed my car off the Carvana flatbed, the driver-side mirror definitely turned down and angled towards the ground and bottom of the tire. It completely threw me off and thought I would need to get used to it as some sort of reverse feature to make sure I wasn't running something over or something, but it never happened again. I am not sure if it's only on my model, I don't know the purpose, and I don't know how to turn it on. I am certain that it is possible though, at least on my car.
yea yours is a gen 4, his is a gen 3, well im assuming his is seeing how the OP posted in the 2014-2018 audio and electronics, the gen 3's didnt have this option

·
Registered
12 Posts
hello, does anyone have a function to lower the mirrors when moving backwards? do you know how to activate it?
I have a 3 sport GT active X , and yes wing mirror dips when reverse is selected only left or right depending on arrow selector on driver's door handle.
I find it useful on getting your final position from the kerb avoiding kerb rash on your alloys.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have a 3 sport GT active X , and yes wing mirror dips when reverse is selected only left or right depending on arrow selector on driver's door handle.
I find it useful on getting your final position from the kerb avoiding kerb rash on your alloys.
Again, you have a gen 4, this feature is not available for the Gen 3... this is the "2014-2018 Maza 3 Skyactive Audio and Electronics" thread.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts