2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Mazda 3. It has a low level, constant rattle (above 25mph) on the front passenger side. It is steady, not super loud, but I can hear it above the radio. It is making me crazy. I have seen other posts about a "tick" sound, but this is a steady and continuous rattle. It sounds like bad radio static, even when the radio isn't on, and I hear it from the front of the dashboard. Thoughts?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Get a big magnet. Run it over the dash board in the area where you thing the sound is coming from to see if it picks up a loose bolt or screw.

Also run the magnet up around the overhead bin area and maybe to each side of the plastic on the inside of the top of the windshield.

I had a rattle in our Miata that sounded as though it was coming from the center of the dashboard below the radio. Mentioned it on the miata.net forum for NCs, and they said to check to left and right of the mirror. Sound radiates.

Got a big magnet and ran it over the plastic to each side of the mirror above the windshield. It found a loose bolt there that had come out of the receiver latch for the top. Had since removed that plastic fascia and replaced the bolt and put some blue thread locker on it and the others, to make sure they stay put.

Ralph

1 - 2 of 2 Posts