2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brand new e skyactiv x keeps warning me of low battery risk even after a good run just by opening the door or changing the seat position before starting the car is this normal?

·
Registered
5 Posts
My brand new e skyactiv x keeps warning me of low battery risk even after a good run just by opening the door or changing the seat position before starting the car is this normal?
My 2021 Mazda 3 Sport has the same annoying issue. This only happens on the 2021 Mazda 3 and CX-30. This is a firmware bug as this doesn't happen on older models than 2021. It is annoying, waste of time, gas, and time to start up your car for 5 - 10 minutes to clear this message only to have it come up again if you open your hatch or doors too many times. Plus NOT environmentally friendly to have to start up and drive to clear this message only for it to show up again a few days later.

The issue is, how do you know this is a real issue or the usual warning message until you are stranded somewhere with a dead battery?!!?? Take out your voltage meter before every drive to measure the voltage on the battery to see if it is real or not? Unacceptable!

I contacted Mazda Canada and they implied this is normal operation and are not looking to fix this "bug", any time soon and that is what it is a "FIRMWARE BUG". It seems once they have your money, they are like every other car manufacturer, They don't care!

If Mazda is going to sweep this under the rug what else are they going to do if any other issue comes along. Not do anything about it? This is not normal. I have contacted them again to find out why they are not going to fix this issue as clearly this is NOT NORMAL and have yet to get a reply.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2021 Mazda 3 Sport has the same annoying issue. This only happens on the 2021 Mazda 3 and CX-30. This is a firmware bug as this doesn't happen on older models than 2021. It is annoying, waste of time, gas, and time to start up your car for 5 - 10 minutes to clear this message only to have it come up again if you open your hatch or doors too many times. Plus NOT environmentally friendly to have to start up and drive to clear this message only for it to show up again a few days later.

The issue is, how do you know this is a real issue or the usual warning message until you are stranded somewhere with a dead battery?!!?? Take out your voltage meter before every drive to measure the voltage on the battery to see if it is real or not? Unacceptable!

I contacted Mazda Canada and they implied this is normal operation and are not looking to fix this "bug", any time soon and that is what it is a "FIRMWARE BUG". It seems once they have your money, they are like every other car manufacturer, They don't care!

If Mazda is going to sweep this under the rug what else are they going to do if any other issue comes along. Not do anything about it? This is not normal. I have contacted them again to find out why they are not going to fix this issue as clearly this is NOT NORMAL and have yet to get a reply.
Hi mate, I posted on here a couple of months ago but since I complain to my Mazda dealer and took my car back for first 1000 km free service and made them aware of the problem and they told me they would reset something which they did and I haven’t had the problem since. The problem was so bad that whenever I left the door open for five minutes the warning alarm would come on flashing on the screen.
I hope that helps. Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi mate, I posted on here a couple of months ago but since I complain to my Mazda dealer and took my car back for first 1000 km free service and made them aware of the problem and they told me they would reset something which they did and I haven’t had the problem since. The problem was so bad that whenever I left the door open for five minutes the warning alarm would come on flashing on the screen.
Yes, it is annoying and you don't know if the issue is real or not until one day you are stranded somewhere with a dead battery. I complained to my dealership, took it in to them and they told me how to fix it. Start the car and run it for 5 - 10 minutes. They thought Mazda was working on it. Then I phoned them to check on the Status of the Fix a couple months later and they implied this is normal operation. Then I contacted Mazda, and the reply was the same, "This can be normal operation". Meaning no fix as it is normal and not critical or a safety issue so no recalls and maybe no fix.

I wish I knew what dealership you took yours to so I can contact them to find out what the fix is and get my dealership to do the same. As the car gets older you can not cry wolf and ignore it as one day you will be stranded somewhere with a dead battery.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda 3 Sedan Deep Crystal Blue Mica
4 Posts
My dealer told me there was nothing they could do!!! They "re-did" some recall thing and it did not help. Can you tell me what exactly they did to fix it?

·
Registered
2021 Mazda 3 Sedan Deep Crystal Blue Mica
4 Posts
Also.... I read on line that the reason it happens is because it constantly searches for the key and lock status which drains the battery. I took mine camping and was totally stressed out the entire time. This bullshit and Mazda needs to do something about it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just went on a vacation for 2+ weeks with our Chevy SUV.
My almost new M3T sat alone in my garage while we were gone (both keys were secured in my house +30' distance away from the car).

After coming home; I expected a dead battery or a low battery warning on the Mazda. But to my relief no battery-low warning after sitting for 2 full weeks.

I agree Mazda's battery low warning seems way is too conservative, but it seems to be excaberated by having the key so close that it is constantly being pinged by the car?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts