2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very loud road / tire noise on 2019 HB. After 3,000 miles the noise is very noticeable, similar to failing wheel or cv joint bearings. Have changed tires and had complete floor and door sound installation in effort to alleviate. Car is outstanding in most other respects.

·
Super Moderator
4,427 Posts
Sounds like maybe a visit to the dealer is in order. If its the tires there is little you can do outside of replacing them with something better. If it isn't, have it fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried 16" wheels with touring type tires and no change in road noise; they made the steering loose the wonderful quickness of the original 18" wheels. I'm back to the original 18" wheels. Mazda tech drove the car a month ago with original tire/wheels and said "they're all noisy like that...." Will go back and drive another M3 as comparison. The level of noise is unbearable on any amount of chip seal at any speed. This car is awd with automatic. Really trying to make things work; totally fun to drive otherwise.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have found the 2019 3 AWD sedan to have extremely little road noise with the stock tires. When I put on winter tires, the road noise increased significantly.

Drive a sedan in addition to the hatchback. I would think the road noise should not be a problem in either. If it is significantly different in your car as compared to the new cars ask the dealer to make it right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. Seems other posts on the new M3 suggested it was quieter than previous models. We are puzzled that the noise wasn't apparent in the first months of driving.
Am planning on doing as you suggest and driving others to see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts