2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my door and alarm button. I pretty sure that where I lost it someone picked it up. So I don't want to take my car to work for fear it will be stolen. Can anyone tell me what would be the best way for me to go at replacing the keys and alarm or if there is any easier solution for me.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I need to replace my door and alarm button. I pretty sure that where I lost it someone picked it up. So I don't want to take my car to work for fear it will be stolen. Can anyone tell me what would be the best way for me to go at replacing the keys and alarm or if there is any easier solution for me.

Sorry I'm not much help.. but you may check with the dealer. I know the newer cars have to be programmed to the keys so maybe they could just scramble it up a bit (or even tell the car to forget about the original).

It is not free but may be cheaper than trying to replace the door locks (and Ignition)

·
Registered
988 Posts
The best and only way is to go to the Dealership, they will provide you with an extra key fob (Configure it) and re-configure the spare key fob you have, that should solve the problem! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts