2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
If anyone else notices that their front seat bottom has some play (upwards and downwards), you might have the same problem as me. Pretty annoying for a car with 30k miles.

There is a rivet in the power seat that has some play. Fixing it seems like a ton of work. I took a quick pic of the "rivet". It allows for rotation when you adjust the seat

·
Registered
109 Posts
im about the same mileage and i think i have the same issue

can notice it when gently braking approaching a stale red. light turns green and i get gently back on gas and the seat rocks back a few millimeters

i can grab the top and front of the seat and rock it back and forth a few mm too

i have probably had the issue since 10k miles or earlier, unfortunately didnt mention it to dealership till i was barely out of warranty - i had a bunch of travelling to do so by the time i made it to dealer it was out and i have just put it out of my mind since

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
im about the same mileage and i think i have the same issue

can notice it when gently braking approaching a stale red. light turns green and i get gently back on gas and the seat rocks back a few millimeters

i can grab the top and front of the seat and rock it back and forth a few mm too

i have probably had the issue since 10k miles or earlier, unfortunately didnt mention it to dealership till i was barely out of warranty - i had a bunch of travelling to do so by the time i made it to dealer it was out and i have just put it out of my mind since
Yes this sound exactly like the problem im seeing. I have had the problem for over 10K miles, but just got around to taking the seat out (no warranty)

Googling around I think we arent the only ones:

Power Seat - Loose Lower Bracket - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...016-CX-5-Touring-driver-s-seat-rocks-slightly

Boils down to a bad design

1 - 4 of 4 Posts