2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Seems like the pins (or whatever it is) holding the back of the lid of the central console got broken, so it's now tilting when I put my elbow on the front end of the closed lid. Do you guys know if this is something that can be repaired under the warranty? I didn't apply excessive force to it.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Yes they'll cover it under warranty. Same happened to me, I also have a 15. Turns out that the hinge pin is a faulty design. There's a tsb and revised part for this. Once your dealer fixes it, you'll never have this problem again.

Just for fun, the cable for the climate control is the same if you have the non automatic type. I'm not sure if the auto digital version has the same problem.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yes they'll cover it under warranty. Same happened to me, I also have a 15. Turns out that the hinge pin is a faulty design. There's a tsb and revised part for this. Once your dealer fixes it, you'll never have this problem again.

Just for fun, the cable for the climate control is the same if you have the non automatic type. I'm not sure if the auto digital version has the same problem.
Do you have the TSB number, or the means by which I can find it myself?

I ask because my wife just paid the dealer to have the pin put back in place.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yeah mine did this so I popped the back cover off the console and tapped the hinge pin back in. Took about 2 minutes.
Thanks, guys!

The car is out of warranty, and the wife paid $84 today to have the pin pushed back in and for a fresh air cabin filter to be installed. The dealer noted that the brake pads are low and are likely "stuck in the holders" - I assume he meant the calipers. Sometimes I think I should go back to doing things myself.

On a more positive note, the OEM Dunlops have now been replaced by Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus tires in the latest compound. Fingers-crossed that we find them as satisfactory as the Rack did in this three-tire comparison: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=216. In September, we're moving from Northern New England to the Cincinnati area. I figured that the Pirelli's relative lack of winter capability would be satisfactory, as I intend to continue running winter tires once the temps stay below 40°.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts