2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
If anything, go custom if any exhaust shops are open around you. I saved hundreds going the custom route, and she sounds great. Not too loud, but definitely not quiet. AND I’ve been pulled over twice since getting my exhaust(speeding and a warning), and they didn’t bother me about it. Just the speeding lmao.
I've been tempted to do custom, but I perfer buying after hearing sound clips and seeing Dyno results of ones built for the car. I don't want what I consider to be "Ricey" sounding, and I don't want to pay $400-$500 for something that sounds almost stock.

I was kind of surprised by the Dyno results of the Corksport intake with exhaust. It was a Dyno chart to show 5-7hp increase with the intake, but in small print it said car had the exhaust on it during both with and without intake. The results were 176hp at the wheels. The car has 186hp at crank stock and I believe most automatics lose about 20% from crank to wheels which would mean 149hp stock at wheels. If my math is correct, that's an estimated 27hp gain at the wheels if have both. Doesn't make car fast by any means, but more of a gain than I would of guessed.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts