2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,464 Posts
How so? Whats different? Looks the same as the 3rd gen MAF, and you don't replace the MAF anyhow, you just install it on the new tube. There are members here that have installed the 3rd gen intakes without issue. It is the same motor after all....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I saw gen 3 intake fitted to the 2019+ model, so I'm sure the fitment and other measurement is very close. It's just first new intake is out in the market and hope to see some demands go up for other companies to make parts.

I'm still trying to find aftermarket brake pads for occasional light track events. Not going full-out time chasing with this car. The previous gen brake pads look very similar, but 2019+ length is 5mm shorter. I removed mine and measured haha

·
Registered
542 Posts
How so? Whats different? Looks the same as the 3rd gen MAF, and you don't replace the MAF anyhow, you just install it on the new tube. There are members here that have installed the 3rd gen intakes without issue. It is the same motor after all....
True enough. The Corksport P/Ns are different though between the two gens, so best to ask them if there are any differences at all.

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Premium Machine Gray Metallic
43 Posts
I noticed this when randomly checking Corksport's website this morning. I'm going to order it today. They also released their springs but that's for a different section.

Just a guess but maybe the MAF housing is different from the previous gen intake. Not sure why as it has the same engine as other have already pointed out. It would be nice if we had a vendor section or company reps here to directly answer questions. They are both the same price so no benefit in getting the older one anymore. Also, the newer one has a dropdown to select engine which means they may offer intakes for different engines in the future. The previous intake's FAQs had a lot of people asking about compatibility with other engines. I'm also wondering if they will release an airbox for the new intake. Either way, progress!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Gonna order this...2 questions:
1) update ECU flash from your dealership to prevent this CEL...did u need to do this?
2) How do u clean the filter in the future, it says its dry and reusable and doesn't use oil to reuse?

The shipping rate seems kinda high arrgh but I think I still need it ;)

Does anyone know the cost of customs to Canada (Ontario)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Gonna order this...2 questions:
1) update ECU flash from your dealership to prevent this CEL...did u need to do this?
2) How do u clean the filter in the future, it says its dry and reusable and doesn't use oil to reuse?

The shipping rate seems kinda high arrgh but I think I still need it ;)
View attachment 277383

Does anyone know the cost of customs to Canada (Ontario)
I did not need to get a recent update and I did not get a CEL upon start up and initial drive. My car is a 05/2019 build date and has had a couple recalls completed which could have updated the ECU at that time.

As for cleaning the filter, I don’t know. Haha! I’ll figure it out through research or ask CorkSport directly.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine is on the way!

Reactions: KingsLife

·
Registered
43 Posts
Received mine and installed it immediately. Even though it was an easy install, only about 15 minutes, Corksport's install instructions were outstanding. I went with the more subtle black color combo. Intake sound is really pronounced and makes driving more exciting. Not as cool as turbo or vtec but still sounds great.
20200623_153039.jpg

20200623_153050.jpg

Stock airbox contraption is huge
20200623_150720.jpg

·
Registered
139 Posts
If get bored one day when off I'd like to hear a video of what sounds like with the Corksport intake please.

·
Registered
139 Posts
FYI on the Corksport Intake for people. They are experiencing a materials delay and telling me approximately 3 weeks before can ship mine.

·
Super Moderator
5,464 Posts
FYI on the Corksport Intake for people. They are experiencing a materials delay and telling me approximately 3 weeks before can ship mine.
Translation - Made in China....Production may be delayed and shipments from China are being held up due to the Corona virus...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Glad i ordered mine the day they released it lol. The noise is definitely nice to have. The motor was too quiet. Couple that with an axle back, and it sounds pretty damn mean.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Glad i ordered mine the day they released it lol. The noise is definitely nice to have. The motor was too quiet. Couple that with an axle back, and it sounds pretty damn mean.
That's exactly why I ordered it and why I'll be tempted to get the Corksport muffler when comes out. The car is slow either way, the 5hp of an intake does nothing performance wise, but car is so mousey sounding stock and needed something.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's exactly why I ordered it and why I'll be tempted to get the Corksport muffler when comes out. The car is slow either way, the 5hp of an intake does nothing performance wise, but car is so mousey sounding stock and needed something.
If anything, go custom if any exhaust shops are open around you. I saved hundreds going the custom route, and she sounds great. Not too loud, but definitely not quiet. AND I’ve been pulled over twice since getting my exhaust(speeding and a warning), and they didn’t bother me about it. Just the speeding lmao.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts