2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
'18 M3HGTP Eternal Blue
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I'm no spring chick! I've been driving the same 2 vehicles for 15 years now, and with 300k miles on the clock of my trusty Jetta TDI (48mpg over its life!), it's simply falling apart. Headline failing down, foam coming out the AC vents, all sorts of creaks and rattles.... my wife has had enough.

So, today, I made the commitment to buy an '18 M3 Grand Touring Hatchback with Premium in eternal blue (parchment leather seats). Have to wait till Monday to pick it up because of scheduling, but soon. It'll be my first Mazda...

Lets see if I can make heads or tails out of the infotainment stuff here in the forum. Looks a bit random in presentation, unless there's an FAQ I've somehow missed? Mostly want to get Android Auto up and running.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Congratulations and welcome Brian. We have our first Mazda, almost identical to yours but a Soul Red ‘17 — after 52 other vehicles. LOVING our Mazda.

Happy motoring!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Congratulations. We went from a VW TDI to Soul Red 2016 sGT. VW bought our car back in its 7th year. The "clean diesel" only got 40.2 mpg over about 69k miles. That soot burnoff obviously uses a lot of fuel.

We had a 1983 240D for 25 years and 230k (stored 4 years while we were in Singapore) before the TDI. I almost had to pry my wife's hands off it. Almost wish we'd kept it and checked into slapping a 300D turbo motor onto the 4M trans. Benz had a very good diesel mechanic working for them at the time. He'd know all about it. But, alas, might not have gotten into Mazdas. Love our 2. Second one is a 2013 MX-5 GT. Both have near the same amount of miles on them.

The 3 drives smooth like a 3 Beamer; whereas, the MX-5 feels more like the 240D (but with a lot more takeoff dig).

Ralph

·
Registered
2017 Mazda 3 GT hatch
148 Posts
Congrats man! I bought a 2017 Snowflake White Pearl with Parchment interior, but my second choice was the Eternal Blue (sometimes I wish I had gotten the blue!). One tip with the parchment interior, you do need to get a good leather cleaner as jeans can rub off a bit and mark the leather blue-ish, but they don't permanently stain at all. You'll love the tech features on the car too and the Bose sounds really good (especially given the segment).

·
Working Class Hero
3,707 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Mazda lifer here, and still haven't found a reason to not be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
'18 M3HGTP Eternal Blue
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats man! I bought a 2017 Snowflake White Pearl with Parchment interior, but my second choice was the Eternal Blue (sometimes I wish I had gotten the blue!). One tip with the parchment interior, you do need to get a good leather cleaner as jeans can rub off a bit and mark the leather blue-ish, but they don't permanently stain at all. You'll love the tech features on the car too and the Bose sounds really good (especially given the segment).
Good to know about the jeans (I stopped wearing denim in 2009, but my wife still wears it)... I've been a long-time user of Lexol cleaning/conditioning for my Jetta's leather seats, what have you used successfully just in case the Lexol fails me?

I just couldn't stand the idea of black seats here in Georgia. The cars already get hot enough, no need to make it Worse. At least it's not AZ (lived there for 3 years), where you can't even touch the steering wheel/shifter without some sort of padding.

Thanks for the welcome folks. I wasn't sure there was life here, or Any of the Mazda forums, they all look pretty slow. I figured that's probably due to low numbers and (hopefully) good/reliable products without many problems.

Is it Monday yet? I'll get to follow my wife home as She drives the M3 :/ At least I'll have something pretty to look at......

·
'18 M3HGTP Eternal Blue
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Planning any mods?
Not really, it's my wife's daily and I am 100% a function over form guy. Our 2001 Jetta still has the factory tape (cassette) desk installed, though I added aux-in... but it's got Koni adjustable shocks after the originals faded away.

I'll play with the infotainment system a little, see about getting some AIO tweaks going, mostly want AA for her to use. Beyond that, we're just going to leave it the way it came until there's an obvious problem/issue/want and then I'll address it.

·
Banned
842 Posts
Yes congrats and welcome

Funny all the talk about Denim. I just attempted to Dye my CS air filter Denim Blue. didn't really show color as well as I wanted. But was fun doing it, like coloring Easter eggs as a kid. :laugh2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts