2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I am looking into getting an 09 or newer MS3 and was wondering how much on average it would cost to own. Im a currently a college student and was wondering if it would be hard to keep up with the payments, repairs, gas, ect. on a college budget. Ive looked on Kelly Blue Book and they didnt have any information for the speed so im turning to you guys to give me some wisdom!:thumbup 1:

·
Super Moderator
6,186 Posts
Oil can be expensive if you go synthetic. I think mine is about $60, oil only. Gas is about $40-50/week and getting 200-220 miles on 10 gallons, but I'm running a stage 2 tune and drive 50/50 city/highway. My insurance is about $1300 a year. Don't get me started on how much it costs once you catch the mod bug. Is it worth all the money? Hell yes! SPEND.

Edit:
Tires cost about $900, Bridgestone Potenza RE11, 225/40 R18

California Registration: $206

NGK (6510) LTR7IX-11 Iridium IX Spark Plugs: $45

Oil Filters @ $8.32 each, Part# LF05-14-302B

Cabin Air filter: $27.71

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the response! I am really looking into getting a speed! Ive heard they are a blast to drive and everyone I know who has one says they LOVE them. What about turbo issues... Are speeds fairly reliable? It is going to be driven daily so I would need something that wont be in the shop every few months...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts