2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I’m looking for tires that strikes a balance between performance and comfort. I don’t know much about tires as I’m a first-time car owner of a beautiful 2018 2.0 hatch in soul red crystal. I live in the Philippines, so there’s no snow but the rain can get pretty wild sometimes. Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
6,410 Posts
If you are looking for a good performance tire that is excellent in the rain, the Continental Extreme Contact Sport is what you need if you can find them in the correct size.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you are looking for a good performance tire that is excellent in the rain, the Continental Extreme Contact Sport is what you need if you can find them in the correct size.
Thanks for the info arathol!

We have Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TT Fitted on our 2.0L Mazda 3's here in Philippines. These tires feel great for now, hopefully it will hold up well till 30k kilometers. My friends tell me Pozentza RE50a from Bridgestone are good while my dad tells me I should get Advan Sport from Yokohama. Not really worrying about my tires yet, perhaps when I'm due for tire replacement then I'll get a new set of wheels and tires. I'm looking for tires that's got excellent wet grip while being quite as much as possible.

Reactions: theanon

·
Registered
468 Posts
What you have now are very good tyres. Some people say they are noisy. I don't hear that. But from a grip perspective, they are great.

·
Hoon Apprentice
113 Posts
I'm thinking of getting Pirelli P7's soon, as the Ecopias are wearing super fast. I will tell you guys my impressions of them after installing them and driving them vs. the stock Bridgestones

·
Registered
301 Posts
So, I’m looking for tires that strikes a balance between performance and comfort. I don’t know much about tires as I’m a first-time car owner of a beautiful 2018 2.0 hatch in soul red crystal. I live in the Philippines, so there’s no snow but the rain can get pretty wild sometimes. Cheers!
I tend to start my tire searches using the excellent tire reviews at Tirerack.com. They fully test & review all major brands of tires and then there are typically many, many user reviews (at least on the more popular tires) to give you a great idea of how these tires hold up to various types of driving on myriad automobiles. They provide scores for traction (dry, wet, snow), noise, fuel economy, etc.

Since I live in Colorado I also buy my tires from Tire Rack, if at all possible. They ship to a distribution center in Denver and I can pick them up for free from there (i.e. no shipping charge).

·
Registered
570 Posts
Another suggestion, particularly tires but could be applied to other things as well....When reading reviews, make sure you are reading a review for a tire size and car similar to yours. It can be difficult and tedious to decipher good reviews and negative reviews, however, one tire brand/model for one car may not perform the same for a larger car etc.

The reviews on the Dunlop sports which come with the car are all over the map...I'm happy with the tires on my 2017 3GT hatch and don't plan to replace until they are worn.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts