2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so I have seen a few posts of the people who have bought the Chinese DVD players, from autodvdgps, tradesolution.hk, eonon, etc... they all look the EXACT same, and are therefore probably made in the same factory. However, all the reviews I have seen are from <1week of ownership. has anyone on here owned one for a year? 2 years? and can comment on the quality. i LOVE LOVE LOVE the way that these look, and dont want to go universal fit double DIN. but don't want to just throw away $400 to end up with a unit that falls apart after a while.

also, what maps do you people run? I heard they can support a fair amount of mapsets. I have 2012 Garmin maps with speed camera and red light cams loaded that work in my old (2006) Nuvi. would these work in the new unit?

Eonon is selling the 8" unit for $325 shipped, or $355 with maps shipped currently, which is a bit cheaper than the Audodvdgps.com. does anyone know any differences, or has anyone had any good/bad experience with either of the retailers?

a lot of questions, but I appreciate any partial/complete responses. kind of getting antsy to upgrade something in my cockpit.

Thanks -Kirk

links for reference:

Eonon D5115Z | Car DVD | Specific Car DVD | Car DVD for Mazda 3

2010 Mazda 3 DVD - 2010 Mazda 3 GPS - 2010 Mazda 3 Navigation - 2010 Mazda 3 multimedia system

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't recommend the QL-MZD111 or autodvdgps. The after-sales support person "Clare" knows nothing about these units. The only thing she could do is tell me several ways to reset the unit.

- I kept getting random error message boxes in chinese. After resetting it several times it kept popping up. I had it translated:
"Insufficient Program memory, you must close a task, or increase memory spaces.
Convert some storage memory to program memory"
- RDS does not work in the US even though it is listed on their website. They told me to switch the region to Europe in order for it to work..... you just can't receive many stations. Then she tells me that RDS is not available in the USA.
- The PIP was a crap shoot... sometimes it worked many times it would just be a blank box in the middle of the screen. After a few emails back and forth with "Clare" and her telling me it only worked between the Nav and DVD, she backpedals and says that PIP is not listed on the website....
-I didn't find the audio quality to be particularly good. The Bluetooth sounded terrible (could be due to the built in mic vs a separate wired mic on other units)

Others seemed to have good luck with the 723 model.
The hardware and fit was good, the UI not so good, I found to be on the sluggish side. For me, I want a multi-function radio like this to work reliably without error messages and glitches. This would not be something Mazda would have found acceptable.

I'd save up for a brand name. (although I do like the OEM look of these units)

Reactions: kirk

·
Registered
69 Posts
ok, so I have seen a few posts of the people who have bought the Chinese DVD players, from autodvdgps, tradesolution.hk, eonon, etc... they all look the EXACT same, and are therefore probably made in the same factory. However, all the reviews I have seen are from <1week of ownership. has anyone on here owned one for a year? 2 years? and can comment on the quality. i LOVE LOVE LOVE the way that these look, and dont want to go universal fit double DIN. but don't want to just throw away $400 to end up with a unit that falls apart after a while.

also, what maps do you people run? I heard they can support a fair amount of mapsets. I have 2012 Garmin maps with speed camera and red light cams loaded that work in my old (2006) Nuvi. would these work in the new unit?

Eonon is selling the 8" unit for $325 shipped, or $355 with maps shipped currently, which is a bit cheaper than the Audodvdgps.com. does anyone know any differences, or has anyone had any good/bad experience with either of the retailers?

a lot of questions, but I appreciate any partial/complete responses. kind of getting antsy to upgrade something in my cockpit.

Thanks -Kirk

links for reference:

Eonon D5115Z | Car DVD | Specific Car DVD | Car DVD for Mazda 3

2010 Mazda 3 DVD - 2010 Mazda 3 GPS - 2010 Mazda 3 Navigation - 2010 Mazda 3 multimedia system

I have the audiodvdgps MZD-216 and its a fantastic unit. Ive had it for about 2 months now.
How reliable it is? I dont know, time will tell.
Eonon has a 2year warranty on their units but I dont like their blue lighting. I do think it is the better company.

I dont recommend the MZD-111 as well as I had the same problems as the guy above me. I shipped it back and got the MZD-216.
Reliability is definitely a very important issue, I guess I will wait and see.

·
I LOVE pink!
136 Posts
I'm looking at the same two radio's. Kind of leaning towards the Eonon D5115Z, but I'm also having a hard time finding reviews on that one. I like the looks of that one better. My 2012 has the blue lighting, so it would look better in the new mazdas.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the Eonon is very tempting, and I may end up being a test dummy sometime soon for that price. and I think you DO lose the steering wheel bluetooth, but honestly, I'd rather have a keypad on the unit anyways, seems like a better trade off.

blue buttons doesnt really bother me, i have a bit of other blue electronics in my car.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I've had mine for a little bit now. So here is my spill. Btw its the 723 for Bose

Better then the stock, yeah in ways. I love the bluetooth, far more responsive then stock. GPS over no gps is a pretty big deal. I never listen to CD's so cant speak there. Also the DVD works just like any DVD player would. When you disconnect you battery you keep all the presets and stuff. Subwoofer RCA's are the best part even though the voltage is kinda low.

The things I dont like, I have little to no radio reception. But I never use it and it is probably something setup wrong. The bluetooth can be choppy when it is in my lap, but not when it'd in the passenger seat( iphone ). So not sure about that. The GPS quit on me one time. Not sure what it was but I reset my battery that day for something else and it fixed itself. The sound quality is better at low volumes, much better highs, the mid's try to muddy up on high volume and if you jack up the bass the stock boss woofer will sound pretty nice.

Over all, if you don't need something to sound super great( im beyond pleased with the way it sounds ) and you can deal with an occasional hiccup then youll be fine with one of these radios. It's all plug and play, so you cant beat that. Also you it has a factory look, I have no clue how many people ask me if it came in the car. If you are looking for SQ and more outputs go get a normal double din radio and a dash kit. This radio is more then enough for me.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the input guys... I do like my music loud, and the quality is important to me... I have a nice sub and sub amp, but no four channel. so the speakers would still be driven from the head unit, but I mean... come on, I am satisfied with the stock unit, I realize it isn't a $1000 head unit, it should stand up fine as far as quality goes with the stock unit. I will most likely go for it in a few weeks/months...

·
Registered
465 Posts
I couldn't see the whole title from the other page and I thought it said "looking for long term relationship"
I was thinking ....weeeeird the Mazda forum turned into a dating site.

·
Thundercougarfalconbird
2,450 Posts
60% of the time it works 100% of the time =)

·
Thundercougarfalconbird
2,450 Posts
yea sorry to thread jack. but i felt it was worth it.

i want that unit! find anything wrong yet?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeah, I'm so close to pulling the trigger on that unit. I just have a certain piece of jewelry I need to buy for my girlfriend first... ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts