2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to replace the compressor because it was no longer working according to the AC guy I took it to. I was recommended to replace the condenser as well since the car has a lot of mileage. I agreed. I am going to source the parts through Rockauto. I would go direct from OEM, but I decided on Rockauto because my 3 has 240k miles and I don't see it as a daily driver beyond a couple years.

The brands for the compressor are UAC, Denso, Four Seasons in order form least to most expensive. For condensers, the brands for "Standard Replacement" are OSC, APDI/PRO, CSF, and TYC in order form least to most expensive. For condensers labeled as "Additional Corrosion Protection" , the brands are UAC and GPD in order from least to most expensive.

Rockauto has a complete kit of UAC A/C condenser, Gasket Set and A/C Refrigerant Oil, A/C Expansion Valve. I've read Denso is a good brand for compressors. Do you guys think UAC brand A/C compressors are good quality? I would really appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
Mazda3 Sport GT Polymetal over Garnet
43 Posts
Denso is an OEM manufacturer of many automotive components (especially electronic/electrical). Quite possible the OEM compressor was a Denso. I have no useful knowledge on any of the other brands.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts