2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone willing to sell me an intake, as of right now my budget is kinda constricted and cant afford a new one :crying2:

·
*The Electrician*
978 Posts
I have a corksport SRI that I would sell.
Selling to go back to stock? Or changing to a different one? Also, why, lol explain yourself.

·
*The Electrician*
978 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Unless you're just looking for more noise, forget an SRI & just get a better panel filter for the stock airbox. You'll be better off, with less money spent. I'd recommend the AEM panel filter.

https://www.aemintakes.com/search/product.aspx?prod=28-20480
Selling to go back to stock? Or changing to a different one? Also, why, lol explain yourself.
This basically. Never ran my car without it, mpg is usually around 32. I would consistently get about 34-35 when I had my mazda 6.

·
Registered
720 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Its not paper

·
Registered
441 Posts
Nor is the AEM. Same material as the JBR, three-dimensional synthetic filter, just a different color.

AEM & K&N are co-owned. AEM markets the Dryflow filters & K&N does the oiled filters. JBR uses the Dryflow filters from AEM, puts their name on it & marks it up.

AEM Dryflow® Air Filters

Oil-Free Performance Air Filter
•Installs easily in your stock airbox
•DRYFLOW® synthetic filter media - no oil required
•Thick 3d media for increased airflow and higher capacity
•Designed to increase horsepower
•Easy to wash and reuse
•Lifetime limited warranty

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nor is the AEM. Same material as the JBR, three-dimensional synthetic filter, just a different color.

AEM & K&N are co-owned. AEM markets the Dryflow filters & K&N does the oiled filters. JBR uses the Dryflow filters from AEM, puts their name on it & marks it up.

AEM Dryflow® Air Filters

•Easy to wash and reuse
I was going to get the JBR. Then I found the AEM and its the same thing so I got it on summit racing for 55 CDN bucks all in shipped to Halifax when I lived there. I highly suggest just buying a panel filter like the AEM and be done with it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Just clicked on this post to see what an SRI was....

·
*The Electrician*
978 Posts

AEM Dryflow® Air Filters

•Easy to wash and reuse
FYI K&N does their testing ONLY at sea level. From what I understand AEM does testing a various altitudes. Where I live we are 3573ft above sea level so an air filter from K&N only tested at sea level does not appeal to me at all. I ordered my aem air filter from tdot performance and should receive it end of this week or early next week.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts