2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys this is my first post here but I have searched extensively on the matter to find an answer but would like to make a post.

I have just installed a xb35 TRS kit in my 2017 mz3 and have read about the projectors being prone to burns from the uv light created by hid kits. I used to own a 2006 mz3 that I did extensive retrofitting and color modding to the oem Stanley hid projectors so I am well versed in the operations of these things.

I wanted to get a feeling for this generations projectors and your user experiences with people that have had them installed for a decent length of time and the results.

Thanks in advance and I will post in the introduction area later today. And I was a decent contributor at the mazda3forums when I owned my first 3.

·
Your mom goes to college.
159 Posts
I think burns are much more the exception than the rule. Other than the few posts on this forum, I've never heard of that happening if you stick with normal 35w HID kits.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Yeah from what I've seen most of the melted projectors are due to using the 50 watt kits instead of the 35. Idk if this will be any help but I'm on stock ballast (35watt) with Osram CBI's from TRS and had them for several years now and everything is fine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m guessing that you have factory hid. I was more talking about an h11 hit in replacement of the halogen bulbs. I have no problem doing a retrofit but if I got lazy my fallback would be that I wa scomfortable knowing people here have been running them on the 3rd gens for a while.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I’m guessing that you have factory hid. I was more talking about an h11 hit in replacement of the halogen bulbs. I have no problem doing a retrofit but if I got lazy my fallback would be that I wa scomfortable knowing people here have been running them on the 3rd gens for a while.
I've been running it for 2-3 years, if you mean a melted housing no...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts