2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car is at 166K, I'm hoping to take it to 250K. What are the typical mileage that these cars crap out. I know it could be a range of 100K-350K, but if I took good care of it, is 250K reasonable? I've driven Hondas all my life, and 250K is def. doable if you take good care of it. Also, I'm thinking of replacing the AC compressor, which crapped out on me last summer, but don't wanna drop money into a car if it's gonna need a new engine in 20K miles. Thanks!!!

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
So my car is at 166K, I'm hoping to take it to 250K. What are the typical mileage that these cars crap out. I know it could be a range of 100K-350K, but if I took good care of it, is 250K reasonable? I've driven Hondas all my life, and 250K is def. doable if you take good care of it. Also, I'm thinking of replacing the AC compressor, which crapped out on me last summer, but don't wanna drop money into a car if it's gonna need a new engine in 20K miles. Thanks!!!
just like any car especially bought used, it depends on how it has been taken care of, many mazdas go well passed 250k miles and from my experience with them are just as reliable as honda and nissan and toyota, really all 4 of those brands make probably the most reliable cars on the road and have for about the past 20 or so years

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm at 166000 also. My a.c. compressor just went and my alternator few months ago. Other than minor things I've had no problems. My sunroof motor is broken. Just can't use sunroof. 2007 Mazda 3s

1 - 3 of 3 Posts