2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the story goes, it was 2014 and I was in the market for a new (or at least newer) car after running my poor ’02 Saturn SC2 into the ground. I looked at Car Soup and found a bunch of Mazda3s in my price range and did a little research. I liked the styling and while all cars have their problems, I figured it was time to go Japanese and see if the build-quality was what I’ve heard it was. Every dealer I went to see had already sold the cars they listed on Car Soup. One even had their listed car parked out front waiting for the guy to finish his paperwork rubbing it in my face. I was defeated on that front, but I ended up with an ’07 Ford Focus 5dr hatch in Dark Toreador Red which wasn’t the end of the world for me because my fiancee had an ’05 3dr hatch in the same color and I really liked that car so it was technically a no brainer. The engine was the only thing not to crap out on me on that car and if I’m not mistaken that generation of Duratecs were actually Mazda engines...but I might be mistaken. Anyway, long story short, the driver’s door stopped working from the outside and even more annoyingly from the inside too. I’m not a gymnast or a contortionist if you catch my drift. So it was time for a new car and here I am with what is basically the car I had hoped to get before my last car. Well not this specific car from this specific year but you know what I mean.

It makes my old Focus look like a Model T in terms of technology and it‘s much more fun to drive, but I will miss that old Focus. I got $250 trade-in for it and that was them being generous. They didn’t think they could sell it on the lot so they sent it to the auction. Hopefully someone will get something out of it. If they can get in and out of it.

·
Working Class Hero
3,513 Posts
Welcome aboard.

I could tell a story about a 94 Saturn and a 600 percent markup after trade in, but my outrage hasn't settled yet...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome aboard.

I could tell a story about a 94 Saturn and a 600 percent markup after trade in, but my outrage hasn't settled yet...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the welcome! Sorry to hear you got screwed on a trade-in like that. Obviously they’ll give you less than they will put it up for sale cause they gotta make money on it but 600% markup? Ouch both for you and possibly for whoever bought it next. 🤯

1 - 3 of 3 Posts