2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All,

I was trackside shooting some pictures at the Toyota Grand Prix yesterday, and figured I would share a few..

I'LL HAVE SOME VIDEO SOON.. THESE CARS WERE SCREAMING AROUND THE TRACK...

Unfortunately, I missed the celebrity race with Patrick Dempsey...

HERE IS THE MAZDA. :)

THIS WAS COOL.... UNFORTUNATELY I DIDNT HAVE MY CAMERA READY TO GET A NICE SHOT, BUT THIS MS3 CAME ZIPPING AROUND THE CORNER WITH A LEXUS... THEY WERE LEADING ALL THE CARS AROUND THE TRACK BEFORE THE RACE STARTED! MADE ME REALLY HAPPY TO SEE MY CAR LEADING ALL THE PORSCHE, M3, FERRARI, ETC...

AND ME (LEFT) :)

Reactions: BSUBigMac

·
Continuous Party Member
563 Posts
No shots of The Flying Lizards No. 45 Porsche ?????:tongue:

j/k thanks for posting these....watched it this morning on Tivo.....great passes to win at the end in both LMP and GT classes !

Congratulations to the Lizards and Team Patron....

·
Registered
501 Posts
Nice shots! I'm hoping to make it to some Grand-Am races this year at Lime Rock. Fortunately, last year I was able to volunteer with a ALMS team at the Northeast GP. Unfortunately that team, Farnbacher-Loles, went south during the winter when the owner was arrested for embezzlement. Oh well, still it was fun getting to work on that car up close...911 GT3-RSRs are sweet!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Nice pics! How did you get track side, and what type of camera did you use to take the pics?

·
Parts test dummy
823 Posts
You didn't miss much with the celebrity race except when tony hawk got ran off the track. but the Le Mans race was pretty tight it was the first time I have seen anything from the GT and LMP class. Did you have a press pass or something?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No shots of The Flying Lizards No. 45 Porsche ?????:tongue:

j/k thanks for posting these....watched it this morning on Tivo.....great passes to win at the end in both LMP and GT classes !

Congratulations to the Lizards and Team Patron....
No worries, pictures are fun!

As requested. :)

Nice shots! I'm hoping to make it to some Grand-Am races this year at Lime Rock. Fortunately, last year I was able to volunteer with a ALMS team at the Northeast GP. Unfortunately that team, Farnbacher-Loles, went south during the winter when the owner was arrested for embezzlement. Oh well, still it was fun getting to work on that car up close...911 GT3-RSRs are sweet!
Thanks!!

All of these cars were very impressive! The M3s were pretty awesome too!!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Nice pics! How did you get track side, and what type of camera did you use to take the pics?
You didn't miss much with the celebrity race except when tony hawk got ran off the track. but the Le Mans race was pretty tight it was the first time I have seen anything from the GT and LMP class. Did you have a press pass or something?
Thanks! :)

The primary camera we were shooting on, was a RED ONE, and when I wasn't helping with that, I snapped these on my little Canon XSI DSLR with a 100mm lens... had my little Flip camera there too.

Yea, scored some press/photo vests and passes

here is a clip from the Flip....

Untitled on Vimeo

why cant I embed videos in the post????<?<?<? I have seen people do it.....

·
Registered
2,771 Posts

The primary camera we were shooting on, was a RED ONE, and when I wasn't helping with that, I snapped these on my little Canon XSI DSLR with a 100mm lens... had my little Flip camera there too.

Untitled on Vimeo

How did you manage to score press passes? Was it a contest or do you work in some form of media?

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts

Untitled on Vimeo

Nice video :)

Embedding usually only works automatically with Youtube. Others require code. It also requires that the Administrator have embedding enabled (which it may not be).

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm hoping to make it to some Grand-Am races this year at Lime Rock. ...911 GT3-RSRs are sweet!
I plan on being there this year too...awesome track.. if you get a chance see the vintage event on Labor Day weekend...and I agree 911 GT3-RSR's!!!:clap:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How did you manage to score press passes? Was it a contest or do you work in some form of media?
My line of work is with cinema cameras, and I have done a good handful of freelance work, so random opportunities like this are a part of the job i guess... I'm not complaining. :)

Nice video :)

Embedding usually only works automatically with Youtube. Others require code. It also requires that the Administrator have embedding enabled (which it may not be).
good to know... but sucks that we all know how on top of things the administrators are... vimeo owns youtube.. guess I need a youtube account now..

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha nice!!!! you got it!!

I was so excited when I saw it come around the corner, I was fumbling my camera all over the place....

and no... My car would be going much faster. :tongue:

seriously though, I would have done just about anything to zip around that track!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts