2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of the MZ3 owners with keyless entry been able to leave your doors locked with the car on, while you are outside the car? I have been trying to do this so I can leave the car warming up outside while going back into my house to do a couple things before I leave in the morning. Would also be useful if I wanted to leave my car on at Dunkin Donuts while I get coffee and such.... anyone have any suggestions?

·
A.K.A. - Zuma2010
900 Posts
Have any of the MZ3 owners with keyless entry been able to leave your doors locked with the car on, while you are outside the car? I have been trying to do this so I can leave the car warming up outside while going back into my house to do a couple things before I leave in the morning. Would also be useful if I wanted to leave my car on at Dunkin Donuts while I get coffee and such.... anyone have any suggestions?
I haven't tried this yet, but maybe leave one set of keys in your car, and then use the spare set of keys to lock the door from the outside...I have no idea if this would work tho...trial and error...

·
Registered
476 Posts
I haven't tried this yet, but maybe leave one set of keys in your car, and then use the spare set of keys to lock the door from the outside...I have no idea if this would work tho...trial and error...
well i've tried locking the doors manually and the damn locks quickly unlocks the vehicle, If I force the key to stay unlocked the unlock mechanism continues to unlock! Afraid I'll burn out the solenoid Lol!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts