2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Typically in the winter I go outside about 10 minutes before I plan on leaving for work and start my car, then go back in the house. I plan on doing the same for the MS3. Problem is, I haven't figured out how to leave the doors locked while it's warming up. I have the tech package so I have the advanced keyless entry. I've tried pushing the button on the door handle, pushing the lock button inside with the door open and then closing it, using the lock button on the remote, but nothing works. It's not like I live in a bad neighborhood, but I'd still like to lock my car while it's warming up. Anyone figure out how to do this?

·
Registered
476 Posts
yea I'd like to know also, especially when I just want to do a quick run at the atm and want to leave my car running but lock the doors

·
Registered
6 Posts
sorry for bringing up this dead ass thread but i figured out a way to do this. im sure by now you guys have already but ill post it here anyways. once the car is on, step out the car, close the door, pull the key from the fob and turn the doorlock to the left and it locks all the doors. to open the doors use the key again. the fob doesnt work to open the doors, only the key. thats it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Didn't even think of this, but if you don't have the tech package, that is one drawback on the switchblade key, before I had my house with a garage, I'd always just take the remote with me...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dumb tech package you can lock the front door with key in the fob but you can still unlock the hatch by pushing button but try to unlock front door pushing the button good luck! I have a friend with a Lincoln MKT eco boast and he has push button start and he can close the door and use the remote keyfob button to lock the door I guess it can detect the keyfob not in the car so no worries about locking it in the car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've never check this. But What happen if you just go away with a key?

It looks simple - close the door remotely leaving the car running and go home. What happen? Will engine off in some time? Activate alarm?

·
Peanutbutter Jelly!!!
361 Posts
Most likely they don't implement it is because some states have rules regulating idle due to pollution and the other reason is even with the advanced key they probably use the same lock check system so if the car is on only another key can lock the car but only physically so you don't lock yourself out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've never check this. But What happen if you just go away with a key?

It looks simple - close the door remotely leaving the car running and go home. What happen? Will engine off in some time? Activate alarm?
I've tried this before....I started my car and then left with the key fob in my hand and had my friend drive it around the block..the car never shut off or disabled him from driving away.

This seems like a problem if you get car jacked but once they shut the car off they wont be able to get it started again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts