·
no one is anything
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
no one is anything
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, and if I can avoid it, id really like to avoid splicing into my existing wiring.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I believe you only need three ohm. I'm running 2 6ohm resistors on each side (because I have all led turn signals) You can wire them with out splicing, BUT its not very easy and I can't assure you that it will work effectively. I'd check out that thread i posted, there's lots of good info. Technically speaking, you'd need to have to run 4 6ohms, but using 3 three ohms should do the trick. Just read that thread first just to be sure. I can be wrong.

four 6ohm resistors = two 3ohms

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

·
no one is anything
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe you only need three ohm. I'm running 2 6ohm resistors on each side (because I have all led turn signals) You can wire them with out splicing, BUT its not very easy and I can't assure you that it will work effectively. I'd check out that thread i posted, there's lots of good info. Technically speaking, you'd need to have to run 4 6ohms, but using 3 three ohms should do the trick. Just read that thread first just to be sure. I can be wrong.

four 6ohm resistors = two 3ohms

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
From what I know about impedance, that's not right. The higher the impedance, the greater the electrical resistance. If two regular signals a side would produce 3 ohms, then the reason LEDs wont work is because the impedance is much less than that (likely closer to .5ohms).

The Nichrome wire in the regular incandescent bulb is what provides the impedance (resistance). The lack of that wire is what registers the bulb out hyper flash (either through the circuit being cut off from the burnt out bulb or an LED being put in there.

But I'll read the thread more in depth. Thanks!

·
no one is anything
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see now. I wonder if having too much impedance will effect anything. Hmm. I guess I could just build that harness with 3 ohm resistors..

·
no one is anything
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I built a pair of wiring harnesses and spliced in some 3 ohm resistors. Works like a dream now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts