2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. A co-worker of mine has a frs and purchased this device, it was only 20-something dollars. Seems quite nifty. Plugs into the OBD port and leave it attached to your car while mobile. Then connects to your phone using a program. The main reason why I used it was to test my 0-60. It also shows other cool things like oil temp and current rev rpm and whole bunch other stuff. BTW I did a 0-60 in 8.1s. sucks.... I should get a bit faster though, I started from the line with a low RPM, I did 2 runs off the line @ 2,500RPM. I think to race you do 4k rpm?? Idk, I dont dig from a line often. ANy inputs or other people's experience? and I dont know the name so I couldn't do a search, sorry if there is another thread existing somewhere in cyberspace....

Attachments

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Yes I use one. Have the torque app on my phone and I use an elm 327 adapter. I monitor my fuel pressure, AFR's, and boost among other things like boost air temp intake temp etc. It's very handy. I bough a phone mount from walmart and mounted it in the car. The only thing it can't do is tune. I don't trust the 0-60 or the hp and torque ratings. Said my speed made 357hp and 490 lbs of torque. Lmao a little high I would say. And the 0-60 always says I'm at 8 seconds and when I video my gauges on a launch if you count how many seconds it takes its right around 6 every time. Other than that it works well.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! Thanks, It does sound handy. and that also might mean that im faster than 8.1sec....lol jk.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
I spent 15 on my adapter from ebay. I would recommend the elm 327 as its compatible with more. And the app is 5 bucks. Can't beat it. Plus torque has a plug in for the app specifically for the speeds.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but despite my best efforts I can't find this answer.

Can you leave it plugged in with the car off? Or do you have to take it out / plug it in every time you turn the car on/off?

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
You can leave it plugged in if you like. Buy personally I'd unplug it. Just put it in the little holder right above the fuse panel. It's not doing anything while the car is off but drawing a little off the battery. It takes a second to unplug it.

·
Registered
975 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Cool, I went ahead and got one. I was kind of tired of not having a temp sensor and I wanted something that would keep track of my fuel trim for me. Being able to read and clear codes is just an added bonus. Thanks for answering my question!

Reactions: swerv0428

·
Registered
975 Posts
I use my aeroforces to track intake temp, coolant temp, AFR, and LTFTs (and of course can view codes, just the numbers).

The nice thing about the aeroforces as well is they have LED "warning" lights, so those are set to degree and two of KR which is also helpful.

On the plus side now you can shoot videos with your smart phone and have overlays of RPM, speed, G meter, etc. etc.!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts