2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I always, at least personally, hated the front grill of the 2014-2018 Mazda3, i hate the big plastic bars, i hate the license plate braket and all of that. So I decided to do some plastic surgery and i think it came out great. Let me know what you think.

IMG_20190116_160127.jpg

IMG_20190116_160145.jpg

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nice. Is this an aftermarket grill? Haven’t seen one without the emblem for 2017+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
336 Posts
Not my cup of tea, the grill is pretty large and needs something to break up the shape a bit. But if you like it, that's all that matters.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice. Is this an aftermarket grill? Haven’t seen one without the emblem for 2017+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Its not an aftermarket grill, I actually got some universal honeycomb abs plastic sheet off of ebay, took the front bumper apart, cut out the whole middle of the grill. Made a template, cut the abs sheet and put the new grill inside. I like the sportiness of it all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dig it, very much like the zestJDM grille for the 14-16 versions
That was actually the inspiration on it, I wanted to do a mesh style thing. But also I am a fan of like "Badge-less" cars. anytime someone strips the decals and stuff off cars it generally makes them look cleaner. I am probably going to remove the rear emblems as well sooner or later.

·
Registered
720 Posts

·
Registered
'15 Mazda3
164 Posts
I like the look. Did you block off air flow to the radiator like the oe grill?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I like that look. Looks good. I know you like badgeless cars, wondering what it would look like with the Mazda emblem in the middle.

Sent from a van down by the river!

·
Registered
720 Posts
I like that look. Looks good. I know you like badgeless cars, wondering what it would look like with the Mazda emblem in the middle.

Sent from a van down by the river!
Or an Evil M

·
Registered
30 Posts
To me its ugly as the grille is too big and needs something to break it up, but it looks like nice work so it certainly must be better for you.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,265 Posts
To me its ugly as the grille is too big and needs something to break it up, but it looks like nice work so it certainly must be better for you.
That's the common trend - big grills.. 2019 Mazda 3 has a bigger one ->more aggressive look

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's the common trend - big grills.. 2019 Mazda 3 has a bigger one ->more aggressive look
Yea. I don't have a problem with the size itself but think it looks out of place if left blank.

I do really like the 2018/19 grills with the logo there.

EDIT:

Was at a Mazda dealer the other day for what was supposed to be service only to find out they don't accept my 3rd party extended warranty (that I didn't even want but my parents got... long stupid story). But anyway, while I was walking through the lot I was glancing at a lot of the newer cars. As much as I like my 2016 6 I'm really envious of the new grille and especially the sleeker lamp housings.

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,444 Posts
Looks wicked!

I have integrated front emblem or I'd change mine up too.
CK

1 - 16 of 16 Posts