2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. New to the forums and newly purchased a 2014 Mazda 3 iGT HB.

I want to change lighting in and out. Hope to poke at your guys' knowledge and ask about parts before I buy.

Headlights: Does this car use H11 bulbs? I plan on getting a kit from DDM Tuning unless you recommend others.

LEDs: What bulbs do I need? I saw the Corksport kit with 8 bulbs, however kinda outta my budget as I wanna do other stuff to the car. Anyone mind listing the bulbs I'll need? Highly appreciate it! 5000k-7000k

Reverse lights: What bulbs? Recommendations?

Thanks in advance!!!!

If all the lights are available from one source (like DDM) I might as well grab all together

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the i Touring, but from what i've seen, the models are extremely similar in the electronics apart form interior options.

Anywho, Headlights are H11, DRL/Highbeams are 9005/H3B. I remember there being a thread elsewhere that clarified the fogs

I've ordered some 8000k 55w HID's 2 Days ago, so i'm waiting on that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! For the License Plate bulbs... will 194 bulbs be okay to use? Those are the only ones sold on DDM.. I think.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Oops, yeah 194 bulbs are fine, that's what I meant, not 192 :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey there guys, I am new to the Mazda corral but I am coming from being a Scion owner, i'm glad that I finally found something that actually said what the bulb sizes are!! My only question is how hard are the headlights and front parking lights to get to? In my Scion the access was very easy, but from the quick glances I've had so far into my engine bay it looks less user friendly... Btw I have an i Touring in Soul Red...

·
Jaffa Cake Addict
385 Posts
Great .. thanks again :D
I ended up getting these:

168/194/921/T10 High Power LED bulb --- for license plate

DDM Tuning: HID and LED Lighting --- for interior

I hope those Samsung lights put out a nice white ... and I hope I have enough lumens for license plate (101 Lumens each light) ... I don't really have experience with LEDs :p
I'm not sure if those interior bulbs are the proper size. I ordered these : 10X 31mm 12 LED SMD Festoon Dome Light Lamp CAR Bulbs White 3021 3022 DE3175 NEW | eBay for myself and they are pure white

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
It's a T5 wedge bulb. I replaced all my interior lights with Corksport's kit and they list it as a T5 for the sedan.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm sure it was posted before, so I did a search for it - but the results were a lot to sort through (older model years).

In another thread there was a kit that had all the required LEDs: CORKSPORT LED Light Kit for 2014+ Mazda 3

The instructions are also great for removing the plastic caps: http://support.corksport.com/instructions/Axm-9-011-WEB.pdf

But in the end, I was satisfied with the OEM lights in all but one place - The Hatch/Cargo area!! That light is pathetic. I see the sedan uses a different type of bulb from the hatchback...

Does anyone know of a warm white LED that would fit in the hatchback cargo area?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm sure it was posted before, so I did a search for it - but the results were a lot to sort through (older model years).

In another thread there was a kit that had all the required LEDs: CORKSPORT LED Light Kit for 2014+ Mazda 3

The instructions are also great for removing the plastic caps: http://support.corksport.com/instructions/Axm-9-011-WEB.pdf

But in the end, I was satisfied with the OEM lights in all but one place - The Hatch/Cargo area!! That light is pathetic. I see the sedan uses a different type of bulb from the hatchback...

Does anyone know of a warm white LED that would fit in the hatchback cargo area?
2 x White 6 SMD LED 5630 SMD Festoon Interior Dome Bulb Light 31mm - - Amazon.com

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Sorry for the double post, but it seems like these would also fit for the Hatchback cargo trunk light. Let us know if they're any good :D

Yup the light in the hatch area is the same as the interior lights. The warm white I got from that link is pretty good, doesn't look aftermarket and still very bright :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yup the light in the hatch area is the same as the interior lights. The warm white I got from that link is pretty good, doesn't look aftermarket and still very bright :D
Thanks for your recommendation, I ordered and received mine from that website and replaced all interior lights and license lights, gotta check out how they look tonight when it gets dark.

For people who are looking into getting the license plate lights, the length for the LEDs should be equal or less than 1 inch or else the lens cover won't fit back in. I used these and they fit perfectly. The one in the picture as you can see is too long.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have you confirmed the front turn signals are 7440? They look a lot smaller than the rear when I went to check it out. I haven't taken them out yet. Still figuring out how to access the front ones.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts