2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2012 Mazda3 i Touring Hatchback, first time Mazda owner.
I took out the amp and sub out of my old car and went and started installing it in the Mazda3, but ran into a problem.

My amp isnt turning on...

Using a multimeter at the amp's terminal, i found out that not enough voltage is going into the remote terminal. (meter read it at around 6 volts)
The 12v terminal at amp reads at +12 like normal
I have continuity on the ground wire.

Using a LOC. i tapped into the wires of the factory wiring harness of the radio.
The LOC has 7 wires:

Yellow = +12v (Tapped into light blue wire in factory harness, suppose to be 12v accessory wire)
Black = ground (Screwed it right to the metal surface of radio)
Blue = Remote wire (Ran into the amp)
White = + left speaker
Wht/Blk = - left speaker
Grey = + right speaker
Gry/Blk = - right speaker

I used the multimeter on the light blue wire on the harness, and it also reading at 6 volts.???
I tested all other wires in the harness, and found no wires giving +12 volts, but if i plug the radio in, it works fine....

Has anyone ran into this problem?
Am I tapping into a wrong wire?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: I went to test the light blue wire again.
It looks like when testing the wire while the radio is still plugged in, it will read 6 volts.
If you test it again while unplugging the harness out of the radio, it will read 0, even with the car turned on.
I’m pretty sure this can’t be the 12v accessory wire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you get it fixed? i think i have my remote wire hooked up to the cigarette thing...
I forgot to update.

Yes I fixed it. I did exactly what you said.
I found the fuse for the cigarette lighter in the fuse box under the steering wheel and hooked the wire to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts