2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the Corksport lightweight pulley installed? If so, did you notice any differences?

given the similar engines, would this designed for the Miata ND fit a 2.0 Mazda 3?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Does anyone have the Corksport lightweight pulley installed? If so, did you notice any differences?

given the similar engines, would this designed for the Miata ND fit a 2.0 Mazda 3?

I won't...they're not known as harmonic balancers/dampers for nothing....But if ATI does 1 for SkyActivs....that'll be one I would, if & when the stock 1 goes.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,353 Posts
$320 for those...and what, very minute gain in power....you'd probably not even know the difference. I can think of many things to spend that sort of money on other than aluminum pulleys. If you are worried about performance and power and throttle response, those heavy rims take away much more than those pulleys will ever provide.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just checking... in getting ready to get an OVTune, but want to make sure I’m done with all other performance mods. I can’t think of anything else I need to do before starting the tune.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT called Coffee.
2,143 Posts
Rims/tires make a bigger difference than I thought.

Performance and handling are both vastly improved with lighter and wider rims.
CK

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I’ll have to keep that in mind. But I quite like my Niche wheels.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I attempted to install the lightweight crank pulley, but didn’t quite get it done. I just couldn’t break the crank bolt and didn’t want to attempt the more dangerous method of breaking it by cranking the engine.. so maybe I’ll give it another go some other day. I think I’ll need to invest in an air impact gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts