·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I don't want a poopy 17"... but they have some nice 18" around 18 pounds each for well under $300.

Thanks for that link man! I'll see about adding some to the first page.

·
Registered
975 Posts
TSW has always been a good middle of the road for anyone looking for a cheap, more performance, oriented wheel.
Sadly their weight goes up a ton when you cross that 18" line.

I haven't seen those Bathurst wheels, those look kinda good.... remind me of a ton other ripoff wheels though lol, so wouldn't be surprised if the design is based off of something else.

The Nurburg however is always a good solution, and is I believe by far their most common wheel with the BBS style design.
Again as said, they're a good balance for the average user between cost and weight. Not amazing, but in most instances, much better than OEM.

I'm trying to think of any American wheel companies that make performance wheels but can only think of 949 and they don't make wheels in our size sadly. I would love some ULs on a car besides a Miata.

·
Achtung!
879 Posts
Those Bathursts look similar to my G25's.

19x8.5 (no mentioned offset) Bathurst - 21.4lbs (advertised)
19x8.5 (+45) G25 - 19.1lbs (actual)

Not bad for a fraction of the cost!

And 949 does occasionally do limited runs of a 17x9 +48 6UL, and a 17x10 +52.

They look pretty nice wrapped in 255/40s on my neighbors Speed3

American made 17x9's in Mazda sizing (but will need to have the hub bored out, or a spacer due to the 56.1 hub bore) - http://www.fastwrx.com/products/mach-v-17x9-awesome-wheel

·
Registered
975 Posts
And 949 does occasionally do limited runs of a 17x9 +48 6UL, and a 17x10 +52.

They look pretty nice wrapped in 255/40s on my neighbors Speed3

American made 17x9's in Mazda sizing (but will need to have the hub bored out, or a spacer due to the 56.1 hub bore) - Mach V 17x9 Awesome Wheel | FastWRX.com
Seriously about 949? They must have started under my nose then (granted I haven't looked in years), I just love those wheels. I didn't know they made anything larger than 15s (or was it 16s?)

Also... lol are those wheels actually called "awesomes"?

What wheels are those bro?
Awesomes....
No.. what, what are they called?
Awesome!
Ugh!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I really like the TSW Interlagos, in silver with mirror cut face.

18x7.5" @ 18 pounds

And a P-shop:

It looks like I can go up to 225 wide tires, and still keep my goal of more than 10 pounds off per corner.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
I really like the TSW Interlagos, in silver with mirror cut face.

18x7.5" @ 18 pounds
Those look really nice. How much are they?

A question for you (OP) and others: I've heard some say that reducing 1 lb. of unsprung weight is akin to dropping 20 lbs. of sprung weight. Is this correct?

If you're dropping 10 lbs. per corner, that's 40 lbs. of unsprung weight = 800 lbs. of sprung weight? Sounds a bit too good to be true, no?

At any rate, thx for sharing your great ideas for aftermarket wheels!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
I knew I forgot something... i meant to post the price. About $260-$280 per wheel.

The numbers I've heard are: rotating weight is equivalent to 2 to 2.5 times, sprung weight.

So, if I drop 40 pounds of rotating weight, that's equivalent to 80-100 pounds of sprung weight. That's not dramatic, but it should be noticeable.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts