2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, I got a 2012 Mazda 3. Same problem occurs yo my car too. The power steering off and on back during I make a turn. Then the welcome message pop up.... Ding dong... “Hello”...
It is like engine turn off and on again.

Any suggestion solution so far? It happens 2 months back. Then it happens again again now. I don't think it will stop if we don't do anything.

I like this car. Don't want to sell it off just because of this. Please help here Mazda guys.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had noticed my lights dimming slightly while driving for a long time. Didn't think much of it. Then the car wouldn't start, like a dead battery. Brought it to dealer, they tested battery, alternator, said there were no problems. Now, it won't start, but if I jump it, it will run, but as soon as I turn the wheel all the warning lights flash, radio too, like it restarts when the power steering pump kicks on. This really stinks.. pump is $800, but will that even fix it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I got a 2012 Mazda 3. Same problem occurs yo my car too. The power steering off and on back during I make a turn. Then the welcome message pop up.... Ding dong... “Hello”...
It is like engine turn off and on again.

Any suggestion solution so far? It happens 2 months back. Then it happens again again now. I don't think it will stop if we don't do anything.

I like this car. Don't want to sell it off just because of this. Please help here Mazda guys.

Thank you.
Last year I had been having similar problem which is mostly reported in this tread. My car would have rough idles or runs roughly with stereo resets, steering stiffened and even few times stalling for three or four seconds at low speed (1st or 2nd Gear). There was engine indicator, and as per my mechanic the codes were related to exhaust emission sensor and some radiator sensor, which shouldn't cause rough idling... Therefore, he changed spark plugs. After driving for two or three days, problem started reappearing. Then I used a bottle of PEA detergent for fuel system cleaning. Frequency of problem reduced for several days, but started coming back. Once I had a dead stall for few minutes, where nothing would come up, however after several minute, I started the car worked.

Then I came across procedure below on youtube video “Fix Your Mazda 3 Stalling Running Rough” <https://youtu.be/7q24rR401RA>, which basically makes Mazda ECM (Engine Control Module) relearn idle throttle position:

1 - Disconnecting negative terminal for few seconds to reset ECM.
2 - Then turn on the engine for 20mins, idle only
3 - Then for another 20mins turn on max AC
4 - Then turn off the car
5 - Then partially turn and then off again
6 - Then good to go.

So far, I have driven over 1000km. I didn't see any issue and the engine idle position seems okay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So my sister's mazda 3 2.0L 2010 power steering would randomly stop and turning the steering wheel would become an impossible task for her. We took a look at the fluid inside the power steering compartment and the fluid was very dirty and discolored. We replaced the fluid and found that it did not make a change. Like in your case the steering would work one day and all of a sudden stop. it was on and off for a couple of days. We took it back to the mechanic and found it was a grounding problem. The area affected was found to be by the headlight bulbs on the driver side. check the wiring there and check the grounds. would not hurt to check both sides for it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2012 Mazda 3 is acting up since changing the battery. Mazda has been very good to me. After a battery change, you MUST get the PCM rebooted. After i had this done, it stopped the flickering headlights but created flickering back up lights and interior dome light. I changed the alternator. I love this zippy 6 speed and just paid it off last year. It has just under 75k miles. Mazda went so far as to give me a loaner car as they went to replace my computer (PCM) and it still remains a mystery. At this point, I dont feel like it is a hazard so I will continue to drive this car.

All these quirky tricks to get something to work... how crazy . Why so not user friendly?!!! No matter the type style or brand, we all experience the eye roll when it comes to having an issue with the mode of travel we need so badly!

Best of luck out there... NO TEXTING WHILE DRIVING and BUCKLE UP!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having this issue right now. At first I thought IAC because that can cause the same issues, so we removed it and cleaned it. Nope. Car stalls whenever.... it’s a random thing when I turn the wheel. It happened earlier on the interstate when merging, upon start up from redlight, when backing up, and when slowly turning a corner. Doesn’t matter which direction. Has anyone completely figured this out yet?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Last year I had been having similar problem which is mostly reported in this tread. My car would have rough idles or runs roughly with stereo resets, steering stiffened and even few times stalling for three or four seconds at low speed (1st or 2nd Gear). There was engine indicator, and as per my mechanic the codes were related to exhaust emission sensor and some radiator sensor, which shouldn't cause rough idling... Therefore, he changed spark plugs. After driving for two or three days, problem started reappearing. Then I used a bottle of PEA detergent for fuel system cleaning. Frequency of problem reduced for several days, but started coming back. Once I had a dead stall for few minutes, where nothing would come up, however after several minute, I started the car worked.

Then I came across procedure below on youtube video “Fix Your Mazda 3 Stalling Running Rough” <
>, which basically makes Mazda ECM (Engine Control Module) relearn idle throttle position:

1 - Disconnecting negative terminal for few seconds to reset ECM.
2 - Then turn on the engine for 20mins, idle only
3 - Then for another 20mins turn on max AC
4 - Then turn off the car
5 - Then partially turn and then off again
6 - Then good to go.

So far, I have driven over 1000km. I didn't see any issue and the engine idle position seems okay.
i did this and it still stalled on a light after /: the engine light was flashing i turned the car off and on and it went away and kept driving, so frustrating i don’t know what’s wrong.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts