2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased and installed a Regetek 7" Touchscreen head unit in my 2004 Mazda 3 GT sedan. I used the Metra 70-7903 wiring harness (sorry, I can't post links yet, but both products are on Amazon, bear with me please).

The head unit itself works fine, however after the installation, I noticed 3 lighting issues:

1) The red lighting behind the HVAC knobs no longer turns on.

2) When I turn the headlights on, the headlight indicator on the dash no longer turns on.

3) If I turn off the engine and open the door without turning off the headlights, there should be an alarm that reminds me to turn off the headlights; this alarm no longer works either.

I'm sure these issues all have the same root cause. I just don't know what it is. I've tried messing around with the illumination wire of the head unit to no avail. Does anyone with a better grasp of the car's electronics have any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same issue! I believe this didn’t occur until after I installed a steering wheel remote control interface though. It hasn’t bothered me much as I usually remember to turn off my headlights and I already have the knobs memorized so I just kind of ignored it. I have an 04 i sedan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts