2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mazda 3 Lover
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone added light under dash and front seat which lights on when you open the door and light off together with the dome light? was it an easy installation?

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,499 Posts
I bought the set from Diode Dynamics and used Posi Taps to tap into the dome light. I ran the wiring along the A pillar down to the fuse box by the dead pedal.

It was pretty easy after that.
CK

·
Mazda 3 Lover
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought the set from Diode Dynamics and used Posi Taps to tap into the dome light. I ran the wiring along the A pillar down to the fuse box by the dead pedal.

It was pretty easy after that.
CK
so you mean that no need to cut wires and fasten them together. only need to run them to fuse box.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,499 Posts
No cutting/splicing involved. Posi-Taps are easy to use. You just find the positive wire that you need to tap into and place the Posi-Tap over it and screw the lid on. You should watch a youtube video on how they work.

I bought a length of audio wiring from an auto store.. get the kind that has two wires in it.. a positive and negative.

I followed the instructions from the OEM Mazda footwell lighting kit, on which wires to tap into. Starting on page 16 of the attached instructions is where you need to start paying attention. You don't need to remove the center console or the glove box or any other parts that they list on the first 15 pages. Just unscrew the sun visor, unscrew the dome light housing and peel back the A pillar a little bit. You will also need to remove some of the plastic inserts that are to the right of the gas pedal and it's opposite on the passenger side, so you can run the wiring to the passenger side of the car.

Good luck.
CK

Reactions: johnykalbo
1 - 5 of 5 Posts