2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It goes without saying that we`re all proud of our cars and want them to look great, no? I am quickly falling more and more in love with this meteor grey every day (I originally wanted soul red, but the dealer didn`t have the one I wanted and I secretly preferred the MGM once I saw it). I washed and waxed my brand new car the day after I got it, and have kept up washing it about once a week since. I was going to the local quarter car wash really just to wash the crud off.

I`ve taken to washing it at home, and have found some car care products I really like:

Meguiar`s Gold Class wash. It`s great at washing off the bird duke and general dirt while being incredibly sudsy and not washing off my wax (best I can tell).

Mother`s carnauba wax. It`s the one in the tin, not the liquid. And I have found that the lighter the application, the more gloss.

RainX wash/treatment. This stuff I`m on the fence with. While I do like the effect, it`s a MF`er to not leave smears (easier when the glass is cool but still a PITA)

The #1 favorite item....the Absorber!! A simple chamois type cloth that is freakishly absorbent. Leaves behind **absolutely** no water spots. Not on the paint, not on chrome, and at first pass, not on glass. Living in Texas it`s not unthinkable to have the summer sun bake water spots right into the finish...not something I want.

So what do you folks use to get your vehicle looking its best?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Im a Meguiars fanboy, anything and everything from them. Ultimate wash and wax, quick detailer, tire foam spay, interior detailer, Tech wax. Always the 2 bucket method!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Stuff i use :
Kränzle HD 10/122 pressure washer + foam lance
Sheepskin wash mitt (King Carthur) + 2 buckets ofc.
King Carthur Black Diamond towel for drying.
Various different microfiber towels.

Chemicals :
Bilt hamber snow foam.
Dodo Juice Born to be Mild shampoo.
ValetPro tar remover
ValetPro wheel cleaner
ValetPro iron fallout
Bilt hamber clay
Collinite 915 wax
Gtechniq I2 Tri-Clean for interior

I think that covers up the most of them. Simply love all the products im using. Makes car washing so much fun ! Trying to do it once a week.
When im ordering next refill on stuff im also going to get TUF SHINE set for my tires and Gtechniq C4 trim restorer. Iv heard so much good for those.

And btw, my 3 is Snowflake White Pearl <3

·
Working Class Hero
3,695 Posts
I was a sworn Griot's Garage guy for a long time, and still use a lot of their stuff. Car wash, wheel and rubber cleaner, long lasting tire dressing, applicators and wash mits. Lately I've started using Chemical Guys Blacklight color enhancing glaze and a synthetic sealant/wax called HD Poxy. More than happy with the results. And glass cleaning is all Stoner Invisible Glass.

Sent from the wrong side of the tracks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's like this thread was reading my mind. This weekend I'll be doing a wash and initial detail for my 3. Much like how Woody is a Meguiars fanboy I'm on the Chemical Guys train.

Products I'll be using:
- CG Citrus Wash
- NanoSkin Sponge (Clay Bar Alternative)
- CG White Light
- CG JetSeal
- CG V07 Quick Detail Spray

I'll try to get some decent pics after the wash.

·
Working Class Hero
3,695 Posts
It's like this thread was reading my mind. This weekend I'll be doing a wash and initial detail for my 3. Much like how Woody is a Meguiars fanboy I'm on the Chemical Guys train.

Products I'll be using:
- CG Citrus Wash
- NanoSkin Sponge (Clay Bar Alternative)
- CG White Light
- CG JetSeal
- CG V07 Quick Detail Spray

I'll try to get some decent pics after the wash.
I have seen the Nanoskin sponge, but haven't used it. Supposed to be a lot easier than clay. And I assume you have a light colored car.

Sent from the wrong side of the tracks.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was my car twice a month in and out. I wish I could do it more but due to my work schedule and not having a convenient spot to do it more often I don't. I use.
- Turtle Wax wash and wax with a microfiber mitt
- Microfiber drying cloth
- Meguires interior detailer spray
- Meguires Leather wipes
- Invisible Glass glass cleaner (Best cleaner I have ever used for glass by far)
- Nufinish polish every six months and Meguires Clay kit
- Rain-x all the windows about three times a year.

If I had the money and space I would go all anal retentive on my car but I not having a garage to work on it kinda hinders that. Oh how I long to get a good orbital buffer and proper products. but I will say for a products readily available Nufinish works very well and lasts. Bird droppings and bug guts don't require much elbow grease to get off. and it makes the Soul Red Mica pop.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I wash my 2015 only every couple of months or so since it lives in a garage when not on the road. I like Turtle Wax's soap-and-wax car-wash formula to get all the grit off and put a shine on, and it does well.

Every four or five months, I slap a layer of regular ole green Turtle Wax to give it some protection and keep the shine bright. It does a fine job on my MeteorGray color. I apply and remove the wax by hand without the use of anything more special than cloth. Just wipe on and wipe off. It takes me less than an hour to get it all done.

I don't use anything special on the tires or alloy wheels. Just the Turtle Wax car-wash and a brush keeps the wheels and tires looking good.

For the inside, I just vacuum the carpets and seats and wipe off the dash with a cloth.

Everything seems to be wearing well. It still looks new after a year and 19,000 miles of wear and tear.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
The absorber is awesome! I'm still using the same one I bought when I had my first car, over 10 years ago haha But yeah, I need to take my car and get it wax'd, I haven't done it in over two years. Just wash every month or two, sometimes even longer. I gotta take better care of my car lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have seen the Nanoskin sponge, but haven't used it. Supposed to be a lot easier than clay. And I assume you have a light colored car.
In a way it's easier since you don't have to worry about folding it over from time to time and you don't have to instantly dump it if you drop it on the floor or anything since you can soak the sponge and rinse it off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts