2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Guys,

So, I'm still in the extensive process of modding my car and I'm interested on buying a body kit from a local supplier "Lenzdesign", which is relatively very cheap, approx. 500$-700$.

I'm looking at this option since it's not so viable for me to purchase the OEM Aero Kit, it's too expensive to have the entire body kit shipped here to Israel not including taxes (We are taking about approx. 3000$-3500$ for everything). The only OEM part I would buy if needed is the rear spoiler in Titanium Flash Mica 42S.

*The supplier will produce rear skirts especially for the Hatchback, it won't be a complete rear diffuser.

Therefore, I'm Looking for your opinion regarding: In what color I should paint the body kit parts that would make my car look the best? is sticking to black the best?

I have not pull the trigger yet, and I must admit if you guys think the body kit is not worth it then I might not even purchase it.

Once again thank you very much for your advise! 0:)

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
If you got those wheels in the first picture along with that body kit. Sexy m3!!>:)>:)
If the kit is of high quality with a good warranty, I would say go for it.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Stelth3, those are not my wheels, I have 18" OZ Leggera HLT. I'm planning in the future to upgrade to Eibach Suspension and Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires 225/40/18 or perhaps to 225/45/18 Tires, not sure yet.

The Kit is made of "Fiberglass" and they do provide a good warranty.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I get it in black. Does it come stock in black, or do you have to pay extra to get it painted black. Let me know how it works, I'm very interested in this kit as well!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Im also interested in purchasing this kit, so im definitely following this thread. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. My main concern is the rear diffuser as my car doesnt come with a stop light in the middle.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone so far for your comments!
@ayohannes, I need to pay extra to get the parts painted. (Additional 250$-300$)
@MrC4, The color of my car is Titanium Flash Mica 42S.

I'm on dilemma, since the supplier will only produce rear skirts for the car and not a complete diffuser.

I have checked what is perhaps a viable option to ship the OEM Aero Kit to Israel, but I'm still waiting for other members opinions, regarding this kit.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I remember seeing this kit a while back while I was searching for a kit. I didn't really like this kit as much tho, especially the front lip as it doesn't seem to flow with the lines of the car that well. The OEM front looks better IMO. I like the look of the lip going over or on the bumper instead of under. Side skirts are nice tho, haven't seen any closer pics of the rear skirts yet. But if you were to get it, I'd go gloss black with your color car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did the body kit naturally come black? I have a black car and might think about buying just the sideskirts and front spoilers.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Brriaaan_, it comes unpainted.

Either they can paint it for you according to the paint code you give them (extra $$$) , or you can paint it locally.

In the end I didn't buy it, since the front lip is too aggressive to my taste and I would like to buy the Original Aero Kit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts