2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,
Still new to the forum but I've been with my Mazda 3 for around 16 months now and loving it. I've decided to set up this build thread instead of just random pics so I can keep track of the car as it develops.

Mods carried out
Bola B8Rs, 18x8.5j ET25 with Falken ZIEX ZE514 tyres slightly stretched at 215/45
Odula Intercooler
HKS TypeL axle back exhaust
H&R lowering springs
Removed front number plate holder and relocated to top of the bumper
Mishimoto Gearknob (To be changed)
Bonnet Struts
CS Headlight level Adjuster
Ultra Racing Front Strut Brace
Total MPS Boost gauge adaptor linked to a Smiths gauge

To be done
Gecko Street+ Coilovers being delivered this week. I've found the springs aren't sitting right so I may aswell just fork out and get it done once
EBC Balanced brake kit. Car goes in over August / Sept as the proto vehicle to make the kit for the 3
Remap by BBRGTI in 3 weeks which I'm really looking forward and should keep me happy for now
Sports bucket seats & restraints
Rear seats/boot floor to be made up and extended

All to be ready for the track by the end of the year :)

Attachments

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Exciting build you are doing. We look forward to your future mods and your track success!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Received a couple of bits. The hoses come FOC from Total MPS after taking 7 months to deliver the intercooler. They have a funny customer service and i think Gunther is genuine but goes about it the wrong way, thats another story.

Gecko however, delivery amazing. No issues, no BS and answered questions quickly and accurately. They'll be fitted after holiday next week and i'll try and review them against the lowering springs as best i can 😁

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A little update,

The gecko coilovers are amazing, great ride and build quality. Just need to finish bedding them in and getting them professionally setup. The response on the road has transformed my 3 into a proper driving machine and inspired confidence you obviously don't get from standard suspension. One change needed was new nuts for the top of the suspension which doesn't reach due to the strut brace. Passed them on the info and hopefully they use it.

I've now ordered Hardrace droplinks, anti roll bar, rear camber arm and toe arm to complete the set up on the rear. Can't wait to get that sorted and tomorrow is BBR time for the remap :)

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Gecko Coilovers workout out good for you? I found those a while back but was not sure since I never heard of the company before.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Gecko Coilovers workout out good for you? I found those a while back but was not sure since I never heard of the company before.
I like them. They answered all my questions before i paid for them. Very easy company to deal with

·
Super Moderator
4,956 Posts
Gecko is fairly new here. They are from China (BST Performnce) and sell suspensions made in Taiwan, probably by Bor Chuann Racing . Same as BC, D2, Meister R and any number of the many Pick-Your-Color brand coilovers found on Ebay.They seem to have adjustable perches, not really the best design as that can reduce suspension travel even more when lowering the car.:frown2:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very interesting. @leigh195 what are you planning for the build? Anymore mods you are planning on? It is looking REAL good so far
I had a failed attempt at remapping today. None of the software tried would allow them to access the ECU.

Anti-roll bar, camber arm, toe arm, drop links for the rear. EBC brake kit and then track 😁

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thats dope! I am interested in doing some subtle things for my 2017 hatback, mostly to make it a more comfortable daily driver with a bit of flair

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats dope! I am interested in doing some subtle things for my 2017 hatback, mostly to make it a more comfortable daily driver with a bit of flair
Sounds good. I do 300 miles a week on solid coilovers and find it ok on UK roads. Do you have a build thread on yours?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sounds good. I do 300 miles a week on solid coilovers and find it ok on UK roads. Do you have a build thread on yours?

Nah not yet - I have not started - Brand new car, 2017, had it since new years day. but i put about 400 miles a week down, if not more. I was interested in getting possibly a more comfortable seat, Coilovers/lowering springs, wheels/tires for a better look/quieter. Possibly put some acoustic padding in it to deter the wind noise, tint.... Subtle things to make it more comfortable and look nice ya know

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So rain stopped play. Toe in arms are easy, 2 17mm sockets and some adjust to the original length, jobs a good un!

Happy with progress, fingers crossed for tomorrow morning dry time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So i've now got the rear end sorted with the ARB, camber arms and toe in the car feels like it has changed foe the good again. It's hugely planted to the road and i really can't wait to the track soon

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Just going through this thread as I'm getting to an exciting stage on the project. The big one is that I've found someone who can carry out the remap and want to work on a turbo upgrade for it. Looking forward to some mentality!

Mods carried out
Bola B8Rs, 18x8.5j ET25 with Falken ZIEX ZE514 tyres slightly stretched at 215/45
Odula Intercooler
HKS TypeL axle back exhaust
Gecko Street+ Coilovers
Removed front number plate holder and relocated to top of the bumper
Aluminium Oil Filler cap
Hardrace Antiroll bar (Rear)
Hardrace Adj Camper Arms
Hardrace Adj Toe In Arms
Total MPS Silicone Intake Pipe
Bonnet Struts
CS Headlight level Adjuster
Ultra Racing Front Strut Brace
Total MPS Boost gauge adaptor linked to a Smiths gauge

To be done
EBC Balanced brake kit. Car goes in over August / Sept as the proto vehicle to make the kit for the 3
Remap by a company in the North of England I've found
Sports bucket seats & restraints
Rear seats/boot floor to be made up and extended
Hard Race Front Anti roll bar and drop links
Braided brake hoses

Mods Removed
H&R lowering springs
Mishimoto Gearknob

1 - 20 of 21 Posts