2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Two party consent in private, not in public.
I know that. But we're talking about what are the options the OP could do AFTER. The sale is already done. He/she could speak to them at the showroom etc. But calling them over the phone, different rules depending on which state.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You bought what you bought. You should have been paying more attention when you looked at the car. Don't ever rely on what a car salesman tells you.....ever. Now you get to go to Mazda and try to prove what you claim happened.
If you can't tell a FWD car from an AWD car by looking it, you should have somebody there that can. All it takes is a 2 second look under the car......
Not to mention there is an AWD badge on the AWD cars 🤦‍♀️

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
ok i read this entire thread and the second update one. little on the fence with a lot of the replies here. i'm glad that the OP got this sorted out and is happy enough. yes the AWD models have the AWD badge. just about every vehicle if not all with AWD have the badge. that doesn't mean that the OP can be expected to know this. we are car people so we know this stuff. the OP clearly is not a car person beyond getting in and driving. the dealer has clearly misrepresented the product which puts them at fault. if the OP is to be believed in only half of the information, i think it is quite clear that she wanted an AWD vehicle. i think it's shameful on the part of the dealer that she had to go as far as to hire a lawyer to take care of this. weather it was an honest mistake or not doesn't matter. the fact is that the product was misrepresented. saying that the dealer is not responsible for this error if they did not intend it is like saying that someone shouldn't go to jail for manslaughter because they didn't mean to kill someone. give the OP a bit of a break here.

and yes i do see the other side of this. the buyer should always be checking everything carefully in any sales transaction. for example, i always read the expiry dates on food at the grocery store. assuming that a sales person is there to help you is foolish at best. the only thing they're there to help with is themselves to your bank account. these people are under commission so no sale means no food on the table. commission changes people and not in a good way. yeah every detail should have been checked and then checked again. hopefully that's a lesson learned the hard way.

i have a personal rule that i live by: never trust anyone with a motive that does not coincide with your own.

·
Registered
162 Posts
It was a meme worthy read including the update.

Since the subie is awd but came with summer tires, maybe clubwrx will see a post: "Legal Advice: Sold vehicle in unsafe condition for winter weather"

·
Registered
286 Posts
i have a personal rule that i live by: never trust anyone with a motive that does not coincide with your own.
that starts with examining the paperwork that you are signing, and/or the Monroney sticker (though, to be fair my car was delivered from another dealer and they had tossed the Monroney sticker in the glove box).

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
that starts with examining the paperwork that you are signing, and/or the Monroney sticker (though, to be fair my car was delivered from another dealer and they had tossed the Monroney sticker in the glove box).
Yes I agree. My point is although the buyer has the responsibility to protect their own interests, this does not absolve the seller from responsibility either. The dealer clearly misrepresented the product. Weather it was on purpose or not is irrelevant.

And yeah I can see how the OP was going overboard with the 'poor me' routine like everyone else here. I don't think either party is free of blame.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts