2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
You cannot record people's conversations unless there is consent. Even if you did have a recording, it may not be admissible as it can be hearsay (i.e. out of court statements cannot be used to prove the truth of the matter asserted).
Maybe not in Britainia Jr, but in many US states you can with one person permitting it.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I can understand not noticing that it was fwd. There are few noticeable differences. (Except the lettering on the trunk of the AWD cars) I have never crawled under my car to confirm the drivetrain. In my last fwd Mazda, I did not notice excessive front wheel spin.
Dude, my car is nearly undriveable in lower gears in the rain. Im talking, itll spin them in 3rd at 2k rpms (given the right circumstances) and the tires arent bald or close to it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You cannot record people's conversations unless there is consent. Even if you did have a recording, it may not be admissible as it can be hearsay (i.e. out of court statements cannot be used to prove the truth of the matter asserted).
I'm not referring to a legal action, but merely to convince 'upper management' that the sales person misrepresented the car she was selling. It is a last ditch attempt to get out of this big old mess.

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts
If you are recording phone calls, maybe.
However, if you are recording a conversation on the sales floor with other people around, there is zero expectation of privacy so the recording will most likely stand up on court barring actual statutes or other written polices the preclude you from doing so.

Dude, my car is nearly undriveable in lower gears in the rain. Im talking, itll spin them in 3rd at 2k rpms (given the right circumstances) and the tires arent bald or close to it.
You need better tires. If you still have the OEM tires, they suck. Replace them with something that isn't junk. My car had Yokohama Blue Earth S34 tires on it, and it was scary to drive on the highway in the rain. I replaced them after 500 miles.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I found the vin number with all the features I wanted and made them pull out that car. They literally all looked at me sideways when I did that. Then spent the next hour negotiating of 10 percent off the msrp which they literally fought me every dollar on(I'll never buy a new car unless I get at least 10 percent off the MSRP to start, and I tell all friends that) Then 2 more hours on the warranty stuff and financing.

·
Registered
452 Posts
If you are recording phone calls, maybe.
However, if you are recording a conversation on the sales floor with other people around, there is zero expectation of privacy so the recording will most likely stand up on court barring actual statutes or other written polices the preclude you from doing so.

You need better tires. If you still have the OEM tires, they suck. Replace them with something that isn't junk. My car had Yokohama Blue Earth S34 tires on it, and it was scary to drive on the highway in the rain. I replaced them after 500 miles.
It has Potenzas on it, not sure which model. But, im saying, my car is odd, something has to have been done to it. I can race my friends CX-5 AWD and of course she gets the jump, but by the top of 2nd im pulling way hard on her.

But my point stands, theres no way you could drive a car for more than a week and not realize its not AWD.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm having a hard time "needing awd". If your car is used in the winter months, buy snow tires which will beat awd by a mile with regular tires. Fwd is amazing on these cars and I prefer it. Less maintenance, cheaper to buy and take the cash left over to buy important upgrades such as tires.

PS whatever is signed will only hold up in court.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
452 Posts
I'm having a hard time "needing awd". If your car is used in the winter months, buy snow tires which will beat awd by a mile with regular tires. Fwd is amazing on these cars and I prefer it.
You obviously have never driven an AWD car. I literally had slicks on my Talon and never got stuck in snow. Let the boost hit, go a bit sideways and let off and it snapped right back in line.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You obviously have never driven an AWD car. I literally had slicks on my Talon and never got stuck in snow. Let the boost hit, go a bit sideways and let off and it snapped right back in line.
My degree says otherwise as I major in automotive, so yes I know awd. Look at test that show snow tires will beat a awd with season tires. Also, your talon awd doesnt have traction control nor the technology now days so it's a placebo effect thinking it was better.

·
Registered
452 Posts
My degree says otherwise as I major in automotive, so yes I know awd. Look at test that show snow tires will beat a awd with season tires. Also, your talon awd doesnt have traction control nor the technology now days so it's a placebo effect thinking it was better.

Did your degree cover basic reading or grammar? Knowing isnt the same as driving. Tech isn't going to help you if you can't drive worth a crap in the first place, so your assertion about TCS is invalid.

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts

The Mazda 3 AWD system is quite good. There is no way a FWD car can be doing what the AWD Mazda 3 can do....ie passing a 3 wheel roller test, or having two wheels on opposite corners on rollers and passing the diagonal test. There is nothing wrong with an FWD car, and most do very well with proper snow tires, but a FWD biased AWD drive car with proper torque distribution will win every time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Did your degree cover basic reading or grammar? Knowing isnt the same as driving. Tech isn't going to help you if you can't drive worth a crap in the first place, so your assertion about TCS is invalid.
Your taking the shotgun effect and not answering the question. Snow tires on a fwd will beat an awd with seasonal tires. Your bald tires with no tcs will not out beat today's technology period. You can go back now and be a grammer teacher while we teach about cars.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The Mazda 3 AWD system is quite good. There is no way a FWD car can be doing what the AWD Mazda 3 can do....ie passing a 3 wheel roller test, or having two wheels on opposite corners on rollers and passing the diagonal test. There is nothing wrong with an FWD car, and most do very well with proper snow tires, but a FWD biased AWD drive car with proper torque distribution will win every time.
Completely agree with the platforms handle differently. My agruement is put snow tires on and you'll get the traction you need.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Your taking the shotgun effect and not answering the question. Snow tires on a fwd will beat an awd with seasonal tires. Your bald tires with no tcs will not out beat today's technology period. You can go back now and be a grammer teacher while we teach about cars.
I love how intelligence plummets on the internet when someone is flummoxed over the fact they are simply dead wrong and they cant convince the other person they are right. Ive been driving for a lot longer than youve been alive id bet AND have a shit ton more miles driven than people twice my age.

Completely agree with the platforms handle differently. My agruement is put snow tires on and you'll get the traction you need.
Saying that over and over wont make it truth.

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts

Only if the front wheels have something to grip. If both front wheels are slipping, you're stuck. If you have AWD and the front wheels are slipping, the rears at least have a chance to get you moving. Snow tires or not, FWD can't do that......
I've driven thousand of miles in snow and ice storms, and seen countless FWD cars with snow tires stuck in places that AWD cars just breeze through. FWD is ok, but you just can't beat AWD with good torque vectoring.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Only if the front wheels have something to grip. If both front wheels are slipping, you're stuck. If you have AWD and the front wheels are slipping, the rears at least have a chance to get you moving. Snow tires or not, FWD can't do that......
I've driven thousand of miles in snow and ice storms, and seen countless FWD cars with snow tires stuck in places that AWD cars just breeze through. FWD is ok, but you just can't beat AWD with good torque vectoring.
The ONLY FWD car i would disagree with is the early 90's SAAB 900T. Those Swedes knew how to build a car for snow. But, i want the pure simplicity of the viscous coupler in the DSM's with a rear LSD any day. 50/50 split with up to 100% going to front or rear at any time.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm having a hard time "needing awd". If your car is used in the winter months, buy snow tires which will beat awd by a mile with regular tires. Fwd is amazing on these cars and I prefer it. Less maintenance, cheaper to buy and take the cash left over to buy important upgrades such as tires.

PS whatever is signed will only hold up in court.

I think the part you're leaving out is you can put snow tires on AWD as well and it will perform better than snow tires on FWD. You are also forgetting about rain because AWD will out perform FWD in the rain as well. Also some people live where only get a little snow and don't want to mess with snow tires. Snow tires suck on dry roads and some people may only have snow on the roads less than 15 times a year. I put Michelin X-Ice snow tires on my AWD in November and have yet to drive in snow this Winter. Some All Season tires are rated pretty good for the snow, such as the Continental Extreme Contract DWS. I was torn between getting a Winter tire and wheel set up or just replacing the junk OEM tires with those Continental tires. Now I will roll with Winter tire and wheel setup and probably replace the junk OEM ones with some Michelin Pilot 3s at some point.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts