2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I started noticing that the LED switchbacks I have from morimoto/ TRS will not always flash when I unlock the doors. On the first click of unlocking, one may flash, but on the second click both do. Turn signals on mirrors and taillight turn signals which are still halogen bulbs do flash as normal though.

Has anyone else encountered this with LED turn signal bulbs? Or is something wrong with the current bulbs?

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
when you replace a halogen bulb with an led the resistance is way different and the system sometimes does not recognize the bulb correctly. you more than likely need a "load balancer" to put inline with the turn signal led bulbs so the car sees the resistance it is looking for on that circuit. this is why I do not use LED bulbs in place of halogens anywhere that flash such as turn signals or brake lights (my 2011 gt has the tech package so the tail light/brake lights are LED factory) but turn signals are still halogen. LED replacements for halogen lamps tend to work better in bulbs that don't need to flash such as interior bulbs and back up lights ,or dedicated stop or running lights that do not have both functions on one bulb. wiring in the load balancer may solve your issue though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts