2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this kit over a month ago and finally installed it. I will eventually hard wire it, but using the cigarette lighter for now. I have the same strip kit for my TV. Comes with a 44 key remote so color changing for your mood. :) I purchased them from barlighting.com. LED Car Lighting Kit - Bar Lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Do you have it switched? I wonder if it would be distracting at all on say a highway at night or on a dark road.

Looks pretty sick, I like it! Now for some accents for that cupholder and center dash area?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys. Not switched at the moment. I will eventually do that down the road. @Fauropitotto and @$lickology, there is a brightness level control on the remote so I can raise and lower it, so not distracting at night. I took a video and put it on my FB page, not sure how to upload the video here as I am using the mobile app. Last night driving around I had it on red.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would love to do the cupholders and such but for me that is too much work. I can only do a few things, LOL and this was just mounting the strips and hiding the wires. :)

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Here is a video of the lights in action. I just have to fix the strip under the passenger side and move it back some.

http://youtu.be/lu5qwZgJQ0s

·
Registered
49 Posts
woah, that green LED looks nooiceee

overall, seems simple to install.

Reactions: leela222

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes very simple. I just have to figure out how to hard wire it down the road. I will be using an add a circuit, so shouldn't be too hard for me..lol

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I figure it shouldn't be too hard to ad it to the interior lights. The fuse is right there. Just need to pickup a manual and figure out which wires are connected.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Very nice @leela222. I am looking to do something similar to have them come on with the overhead lights.

Reactions: leela222

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! Yeah I just gotta hard wire once I figure out where.

·
Registered
283 Posts
What kind of seats do you have? They look strange.

They are not full leather, and not full cloth...

are they factory?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Reactions: $lickology

·
Registered
530 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts