2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have done this, can you share your experience? What bulb did you get etc...

·
Registered
452 Posts
I got mini spot lights lol

This is what i replaced stock with first and they were "meh"

Then i went with these and holy crap... my only complaint is they arent close to 6000K like the rest of the ones i swapped around the car, but i can see quite well through 80% tint either in the drivers mirror or rear view.

And here are the comparisons
Older LED bulbs

Left one new bulb, right old

Both new with taillights

·
Registered
283 Posts
I would offer some caution on many of these LEDS, some IF are in enclosed areas and ON all the time get VERY Hot they then can melt and their clear covers usually fall off and stick to inside of your Headlamp lens/body.

Some LEDs can and do interfere with cars electronics..

All from personable experience, BUT newer cars today from about 2013 that have LED's as standard don't have as many issues, and yes much depends on the replacement Brand Quality too.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yes, they can vary by brands as to how they work/properly. If you have any issues with the ones you bought, remove and turn around as that maybe enough to change the polarity for them to work properly. In my experience, some stay on permanently, but in most cases I found any issues I had was solved by turning/rotating the contacts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts