2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 15 Mazda 3 sport with halogens and I'm looking to upgrade to LED lights. I looked on diode dynamics website and they do not have any headlight bulbs for my year Mazda. Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
5,330 Posts
Lots of threads on this already, use the search function....do some reading then ask more questions if you don't find what you want.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i have a 15 Mazda 3 sport with halogens and I'm looking to upgrade to LED lights. I looked on diode dynamics website and they do not have any headlight bulbs for my year Mazda. Thanks in advance
DD carries bunch in stock looks like. Have you checked SL1 H11?
They just changed listing as fog lamp bulb, because all LED bulb is not legal to use for low beam, high beam in USA
It is Ok to use as a fog lamp, because currently not regulated, so for them to avoid regulation conflict, they just are listing as fog lamp bulbs, but the same LED bulb is still available.
H11 is your bulb spec. There are tons of selections, but many will actually reduce visibility.
SL1 is one of the better choices, it carries good thermal management and ZES chip isn't so bad.

·
Super Moderator
5,330 Posts
One thing about using LEDs here -
If you are going to upgrade, don't just do the low beams. When using bright low beam bulbs with high beam bulbs that are not as bright, the foreground light can wash out your distance vision. H11s for the lows, 9005s for the highbeams.

You need this adapter to use LEDs in the high beams and keep DRL functionality

·
Registered
74 Posts
One thing about using LEDs here -
If you are going to upgrade, don't just do the low beams. When using bright low beam bulbs with high beam bulbs that are not as bright, the foreground light can wash out your distance vision. H11s for the lows, 9005s for the highbeams.

You need this adapter to use LEDs in the high beams and keep DRL functionality
Hi arathol, I have a question using the adapter for drl/high beam.

Does the high beam function still works? I mean if the light output works for example to make a "flash" with high beams?

Or this adapter only turns on with full output the high beams? I am little concern to flash incoming traffic.

Enviado desde mi Mi MIX 2 mediante Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,330 Posts
Hi arathol, I have a question using the adapter for drl/high beam.

Does the high beam function still works? I mean if the light output works for example to make a "flash" with high beams?

Or this adapter only turns on with full output the high beams? I am little concern to flash incoming traffic.

Enviado desde mi Mi MIX 2 mediante Tapatalk
Of course it works. The adaptor is to allow the DRLs to function when LEDs are used. All it does is trick the car into thinking that halogens are being used so power is distributed properly.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Of course it works. The adaptor is to allow the DRLs to function when LEDs are used. All it does is trick the car into thinking that halogens are being used so power is distributed properly.
thanks,

something like this?

it looks the high beam doesn´t change to much vs. drl.

·
Super Moderator
5,330 Posts
No, not at all....that video has no correlation with the Mazda 3.
Whatever that guy what using is garbage, the DRLs are way too bright. That would be like driving around with the high beams on all the time.
The high beams and DRLs retain full functionality just like the halogens. The difference between them is quite noticeable.

There is no Canbus error either. When you use LEDs, only one DRL will come on. The adapter harness just corrects that by using the power from one headlight to run both and has a resistor in place of the other headlight in the circuit. Its very simple.

·
Registered
74 Posts
No, not at all....that video has no correlation with the Mazda 3.
Whatever that guy what using is garbage, the DRLs are way too bright. That would be like driving around with the high beams on all the time.
The high beams and DRLs retain full functionality just like the halogens. The difference between them is quite noticeable.

There is no Canbus error either. When you use LEDs, only one DRL will come on. The adapter harness just corrects that by using the power from one headlight to run both and has a resistor in place of the other headlight in the circuit. Its very simple.

thanks, now is very clear that I have to choose the right products to buy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts