2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the stock low beam headlights with led. They work great.

When removing the clips/retainers/fasteners (aka I don’t know the proper name) 2 broke and one semi broke. Prying them with a screwdriver wasn’t fun.

For the last hour I’ve scoured the internet trying to find the Oem part number. I’ve seen lots that may fit but only a few that look like mine but when car matching say they won’t fit.

Does anyone have an idea what the OEM part is?

In case my jumbled wording makes no sense ( I understand) it’s those push type clips one removes near the wheels (inner wheel well?) to pull back the plastic type cover to get at the bulbs.

·
Registered
988 Posts
If I understood correctly, you are looking for Part # L33X-13-209, link from Tasca Parts below:

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...mdD1zLWdyYW5kLXRvdXJpbmcmZT0yLTVsLWw0LWdhcw==

I have taken my fender clips multiple times and I always jiggle them a little bit without applying extreme force.

If dirt is stuck inside the clips and making the removal process a little bit more difficult, then I "spray" the clip with water very closely, this loosens-up the dirt and makes the removal a lot easier.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That looks to be the part. It's odd. Some sites say not compatible with a 2015 and some do.

I think my problem was I didn't remove the dirt first and it was kind of cold out when I was doing it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dont buy them from the dealership ....1.75$cad a pop! Found a kit from princess auto for 8.99 get like 50 with some few of the larger ones too (you know the one if you takin your front bumper off )

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts