2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi :smile2:. This is my second thread and it's an update on my first one http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-mazda-3-skyactiv-appearance-interior/104114-headlights-chrome-shroud-size.html. I have had a 2015 Mazda 3 GS for 4 months now, and I have only added HID lights and tints so far. I been planning on getting halo rings and switchback signals to replace the DRL.

From other users on here, I found out the the ring size for the GS model is 90 mm so I am considering this product from LED Concept :

ColorMorph SMD Halo Ring Sizes by LED Concepts Lighting

From the same website, I am planning on getting this 24' switchback tube:

Switchback Flex Tube LED Headlight Strips by LED Concepts Lighting

Has anyone here done this before ? I am not sure what is the best way to connect those two parts and what extra things do I need or should consider.

I read somewhere that if I simply connected my halos with the current halogen DRL power source they will be dim since they only get 6V instead of 12V. I believe the switchback tube has to be connected the current signal/parking power source, so what are my options for the halos ?

·
Registered
578 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
That tube you want to use doesn't fit. And the one I used, is not easy, and doesn't actually bend the way I made it bend without a lot of work.
Angel eyes should, but personally not a fan of the individual led rings.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That tube you want to use doesn't fit. And the one I used, is not easy, and doesn't actually bend the way I made it bend without a lot of work.
Angel eyes should, but personally not a fan of the individual led rings.
Thanks for replying. You're saying the tube wouldn't fit because of ...? length ? diameter ? connection issue ?
I thought since it's flexible, I can put it the way I want.

And how can I connect the halos to act as automatic DRL and to have the option to turn them on at night ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts