2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have not wired up the lights yet but I got a pretty slick push button for them, not sure yet where to mount it and reluctant to drill the hole without being sure. I will post a picture at night. Mind not the dirty car...
If you have the blank spot covers in the center console storage for USB/AUX/ETC., you could put it there. That way you have a cheap parts to modify. That is where I put my sub level control, but I have a '17 and those have USB and AUX where your year CD player would be. It is cumbersome, but for lights like that it isn't much of an issue.

There is wiring it to your fogs and just using the stalk controls.

·
Registered
249 Posts
If you have the blank spot covers in the center console storage for USB/AUX/ETC., you could put it there. That way you have a cheap parts to modify. That is where I put my sub level control, but I have a '17 and those have USB and AUX where your year CD player would be. It is cumbersome, but for lights like that it isn't much of an issue.

There is wiring it to your fogs and just using the stalk controls.
Been trying to figure out how to wire to fogs but the fuse I tap into doesnt activate the item I was trying to turn on.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Been trying to figure out how to wire to fogs but the fuse I tap into doesnt activate the item I was trying to turn on.
I can't say for sure, but the switch for the Fog lights are probably after the fuse then. Try tapping into the wires closer to the fog lights. This should help.
Have fun, and be safe!

·
Registered
29 Posts
The stalk controls a ground through the FBCM. You have to tap into the fog light harness ground. What I did for my light bar was to find the same connector mazda used for the fog lights and it just plugs in and works but I don't have fogs('17 and my light bar is better than the dinky stock fogs we get in '17+). I would assume the stock fog fuse can't handle the load of the fogs and the lights you added, so I would use a relay off the ground for the fogs which gives a ground to the grill lights and fuse those separately. Using the same connector on a male to female pigtail would allow you to not permanently modify the stock harness but by all means just tap it appropriately.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts