2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have thoughts on the best products to protect the interior? I have the leatherette and I'm not sure, but I don't think it's actual leather so I'm really not sure what I should use to protect it. I'm planning on buying 303 aerospace protectant (super well reviewed on amazon) for the dash, but the top comment says not to use it on leather...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
104 Posts
Zaino makes a two products a leather cleaner and a leather conditioner called leather in a bottle both of which are amazing. They will be fine to use on the leatherette providing protection and a great smell. Not a cheap option though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have been using 303 now for a couple of years on 4 cars. I use it on all plastic dash parts and leather seats (this includes a 2012 Maserati Grandturismo w/ hot red interior) and I has held up really well.
I love this product and will stick with it until I run out. I might stick with it or move to a different product (just to see what else is out there).
I detail my cars quite often and I'm fully aware of products that work for both interior and exteriors.
Do your research prior to any purchase and you will thank yourself.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
After trying many different top quality leather conditions (Meguiars, Lexol, Adams, etc, etc) for years, found one that I like better than all the rest. Not sure that it is better for our leather/leatherette, because almost all car leather (except for some true exotics) is treated/coated. However, there is one thing about this brand that makes it # 1 for me -- and that is its outstanding smell. The inside of my car smells just like I went into the highest-end leather shop in the world. And my passengers also agree that the car smells terrifically.

It is, as Rgatia posted above Zaino Z-9 (cleaner) and Z-10 (conditioner). However, I respectfully disagree as to it being expensive, for it is $11.95 for a container and that container lasts me almost two years for two cars -- both of which have more leather than just on their seats. And it applies to easily.

I never use the Z-9 cleaner because I do not let my leather get that dirty, so I need is one bottle of Z-10 conditioner. I still have 1/3 of it left and better it will last for both my cars until mid Spring. And its smell is overwhelmingly terrific if you like the smell of leather. Have not treated my WRX's seats for over two months, and when I got in the car today, again noticed its great smell.

Zaino Store : Z-10 Leather in a Bottle

·
Registered
336 Posts
Reactions: stevenvillatoro
1 - 8 of 8 Posts