2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2020 Mazda 3 Premium with black leather seats. Today, I got out and realized there was a tiny tear in one of the small perforations of the driver seat. I got the car new in November, and I have only ever driven it while wearing an oversized nylon parka that has no zippers on the back. I clean and condition the leather with Lexol. Has anyone else had issue with the leather quality? Would Mazda cover this under warranty? I’ve had leather seats for about 18 years and never experienced damage like this, especially on a brand new car.

View attachment 280780

·
Your mom goes to college.
127 Posts
That doesn't seem like a warranty thing, but all you can do is ask. The good news is a professional can fix that pretty easily.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did you have something (like a pencil or screwdriver) in your back pocket?
And you are using Lexol products WAY too often.Treat your leather when you wax your car, maybe twice a year or so.
Unless it sits out in 100 degree sun for many days in a row, leather can go a long time without treatment. Ask any cow...

Most dealerships have "an interior guy" that comes in once a week or so and goes through all the used cars checking for and repairing any interior damage to cloth and leather. They repair torn leather, cigarette burns, faded seats, etc. Talk to a used car manager in your area and see if he will hook you up to one. Its a $50 repair.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts