2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Mazda 3 Skyactive I Grand Touring. I have the leather seats throughout, my question is if anyone with the same interior is noticing the seam on their seats separating? Is this normal and to be expected? And if it isn't, does anyone know if it would be covered under warranty. I called the dealership to ask these questions, and they keep it brief telling me that I need to bring it in when a manager can inspect it. I will try to attach photos, the separation is most noticeable on the passenger left thigh bolster. There is also a more minor separation on the driver side right thigh bolster. Thanks in advance for any advice!

IMG_20130501_154050.jpg

IMG_20130501_154044.jpg

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
i would say at that age,that should not be normal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I figured...first car with leather interior so I wanted to be sure. I hate the idea of going to the dealership and them not fixing this, because I can't express how pissed I would get. I'm going to try and take it in tomorrow, and I will post how it goes...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took the car to the dealership...said they haven't seen anything like it yet, but took photos to send to their corporate "masters" should get a call from them tomorrow saying what they will do. Possibilities are: Have an upholstery tech try and close the gap, replace the seat with a new one, and my favorite....wait until the condition worsens, and then implement a fix....I sure as &^$% hope it isn't the last one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At this point just keeping the updates coming in case someone encounters a similar problem with their vehicle. Apparently the pictures just won't cut it (they took some of their own) So I have to wait a couple of weeks for the District Service manager to come by their dealership and inspect the seats first hand...That's all for now.

·
zoom kitty
3 Posts
Any updates on this post? It's my first time with interior leather and I would like to stay on top of this type of info.

·
Registered
633 Posts
If the seams are separating then it would be a warranty issue without doubt.

Pat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts